Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken, Moist & Delicious
An everyday favorite, this slow cooker honey mustard chicken recipe is as easy as 1-2-3. With just a few ingredients, you’ll have dinner ready that’s all made for you in a slow cooker or crock pot. There’s so many to serve this flavorful and delicious crock pot honey mustard chicken.
Easy Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
This recipe for honey mustard chicken in a slow cooker has a great combination of sweet, savory and tangy flavors. It’s all cooked wonderfully slow until the chicken is tender and fall-apart delicious. The addition of soy sauce adds a wonderful touch of savory umami flavor that balances well with honey, mustard and vinegar. Yes, the soy sauce makes this chicken so flavorful. Please use it!
Best cut of chicken? Boneless skineless Chicken breast or chicken thighs?
Choose either boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs and you can use bone-in for more flavor. We love chicken thighs! 🙂 The flavor of chicken thighs are so much richer and less dry than chicken breast. But make sure it’s all skinless so you don’t have so much fat floating non top. And you can serve this delicious slow cooker chicken recipe with your favorite rice, pasta or even in a sandwich. It’s delicious!
Video: Recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken in Slow Cooker
Tips on How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken in Slow Cooker
This honey mustard chicken recipe is so moist and tender. It’s super easy to make but here are some tips we have:
- You can keep it whole and cut the chicken in chunks. As the chicken slow cooks longer, it becomes more shreddable and fall apart tender. So you can serve it super shredded, or cook it a little less “fall-apart” so that you can handle it and cut it into pieces.
- Comfort food: serve it with rice or pasta. It so good when the extra sauce is poured over warm rice or pasta.
- Sandwiches or sliders: You can shred it with two forks and make a “pulled chicken” for sandwiches or sliders. We love saucy crock pot honey mustard chicken sandwiches or sliders!
- If you don’t have honey, you can replace it with the same amount of brown sugar. The light sweetness really adds a great depth of flavor to the sauce. So please don’t omit the honey or brown sugar!
- Make tacos, burritos or quesadillas. The possibilities for this honey mustard chicken is endless!
Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds (907 g) boneless-skinless chicken breasts or thighs (about 3-4 chicken breasts or 7-8 chicken thighs)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce (or Tamari for gluten free)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vinegar (distilled vinegar, apple cider vinegar, malt vinegar, etc.)
- 4 cloves garlic , mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh ground black pepper , or to taste
Cornstarch slurry: To thicken the sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) water
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine honey, mustard, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and black pepper. Stir to combine all ingredients together well.
- Add the chicken and press chicken down to cover it in as much sauce as possible.
- Slow cook the chicken 3-4 hours on High or 5-6 hours on Low until the chicken is moist and tender.
- Make the cornstarch slurry: mix cornstarch and cold water in small bowl. Stir the mixture so that all the cornstarch is completely dissolved, leaving no lumps.
- Quickly stir in the cornstarch slurry into the chicken mixture and combine well so that the cornstarch doesn't thicken and become lumpy. Cover and cook for about another 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened
- Cut chicken into small pieces or shred the chicken using 2 forks. Serve the hot and delicious chicken over rice, pasta or in a sandwich!
Nutrition Information per Serving
Storing and freezing leftover chicken
It’s simple, just store it in airtight ziplock bags or plastic containers. you can freeze it for up to 2-3 months. Personally, we don’t like freezing leftover chicken for too long because it can get freezer burn and dry out. So try to eat it as soon as you can!
More Easy Honey Mustard Recipes:
Our Favorite Cookers & Goodies for Entertaining:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household, plus with an added bonus of some of our favorite finds for entertaining:
The original slow cooker. On this on the lid locks down which is great for transporting to potlucks and such. Simple, inexpensive and reliable.
It has cult-like following for a reason. It’s a pressure cooker and so much more. Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, & Yogurt Maker. It’s awesome! If you want a pressure cooker that has a few more bells and whistles (like hands free steam release), this Breville Pressure Cooker is also great.
If pressure cooking is a not your thing but want a bit more than just a slow cooker, this multi-cooker is perfect for you. It can Sauté, Steam, and Slow Cook. Perfect to create those one pot meals.
More Slow Cooker recipes:
If you love cooking with the slow cooker or crock pot as much as we do, then you should check out all our slow cooker recipes. They’re simple, as always, and perfect to serve a hungry family without alot o prep. The slow cooker does all the work for you!
- Can you cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker? Yes for sure. Here’s our slow cooker whole chicken recipe.
- Slow cooker taco chicken has so much flavor and perfect for tacos, burritos and quesadillas
- Our favorite and super popular slow cooker chicken vegetable soup
- Hearty and comforting classic beef stew recipe in slow cooker
- Chicken tortilla soup recipe in slow cooker
- Green chili queso in the slow cooker is the easiest appetizer dip ever
- Miracle creamy garlic chicken
- Homemade slow cooker chicken teriyaki
- Crock pot asian chicken stew with coconut milk
- Slow cooker tomato sriracha chicken is great on rice or pasta
- This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in with an updated video!