Easy Grilled Asian Meatballs Recipe
These Asian meatballs are super delicious and crazy easy to make. Our recipe for glazed asian meatballs are marinated with garlic, ginger and soy sauce or fish sauce. All these ingredients makes the meatballs fantastic, especially when you grill the meatballs. Get a nice char on them and you’ll have raves for anyone you share it with. They’re awesome for tailgating, outdoor parties, picnics or anytime you have a gathering that needs a meatball appetizer. Seriously, they’re so good with the sticky sauce, you might want to make a double batch.
Video: Glazed Asian Meatballs Recipe
How to Make Grilled Asian Meatballs
- You can use any type of ground meat (beef, pork, chicken or turkey)
- Add the garlic, ginger and other spices into the meat. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape the meat balls and make the glaze. Follow the recipes below in the recipe box for detailed instructions and see the step by step photos below.
Tips for Tailgating
You can easily make these meatballs ahead of time for a party. When you’re ready to serve, just warm them up and brush all the yummy sauce on top. If you want to make sliders, just follow the recipe below in the recipe box and you have an instant party!
Grilled Glazed Asian Meatballs or Sliders
Makes about eight 2-inch meatballs
- 1 pound (454 g) ground meat - turkey, chicken, beef, pork
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- Vegetable oil for brushing the grill grates
- Make the meatballs or sliders: Combine the ground meat, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and black pepper. Form into 2-inch meatballs (a medium cookie scoop makes this quick, easy, & consistent). For sliders, smash the ball into patties.
- Make the sauce: Combine all of the sauce ingredients (ketchup, honey, soy sauce or fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, and rice vinegar). Set aside.
- Heat grill the grill on medium-high or light and set the coals for direct heat grilling.
- When grill is hot, scrape the grill grates clean. Spray paper towel with generous amount of vegetable oil and wipe the grill grates with the oil.
- Place meatballs or sliders on grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side, 8-10 minutes total, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Brush meatballs or slider patties with sticky asian glaze. If desired, grill for another minute or two to caramelize the glaze onto the meat. Remove from grill and brush with a little extra sauce if desired.
- Or make sliders with your favorite toppings and buns.