Slow cooker chicken with sriracha is the perfect slow cooker meal for all of you who love spicy food. Combine the flavors of sriracha hot sauce, stewed tomatoes and slow cooked chicken in a crock pot or slow cooker, what you have are endless dinner possibilities. The wonderful flavors of this slow cooker chicken recipe are the spicy tang of sriracha hot sauce, stewed tomatoes and sweetness from honey and brown sugar. You can cook the chicken to where it’s tender to be eaten as a whole piece or slow cook the chicken longer to have it super fork tender and shredded to perfection. That’s what happens when you make chicken recipes in the slow cooker, you can have different textures for different dishes.
The juices from the stewed tomatoes in this slow cooker chicken recipe add the nice light sauce that can be poured over pasta or rice. This spicy sriracha chicken recipe pairs perfectly with hearty starches such as penne pasta and even brown rice. If you only want to eat the chicken when it’s shredded, add them to tortillas for sriracha slow cooker chicken tacos. Or into slider buns for chicken sliders. For extra flavor, use chicken thighs instead of boneless skinless chicken breast. What ever you decide to use, this crock pot chicken recipe is easy and super flavorful!
If you want extra flavor, use chicken thigh meat. The dark meat will take about the same time to cook and it’ll be super juicy and amazing. If you like both types of white and dark meat, you can use both as well for this recipe. What ever you do, it’ll be delicious. This recipe has not been tested with bone-in chicken yet, but if you try it please leave a comment below for the results. Thanks and enjoy!
Our Favorite Cookers & Goodies for Entertaining:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household, plus with an added bonus of some of our favorite finds for entertaining:
Stoneware Radial Salad Plate – Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia – We love the handmade feel of these salad plates that Chip and Joanna Gaines created for their Target collaboration. Beautiful everyday dishware.
The clean Modernist lines and subdued gold mirror finish on this flatware set.
Please read recipe post for more recipe details.
- about 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 (14 oz) can of stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger , minced
- 3 Tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce , or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce (or use Tamari Fish Sauce for Gluten Free)
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for the chicken. Combine the ingredients well.
- Add chicken and push it into the sauce until it's immersed.
- Slow cook the chicken for about 4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW, or until the chicken becomes the texture that you want.
- For a more soft, shredded chicken, cook it longer.
- Serve chicken with rice, pasta and make sure to pour the delicious sauce over everything! Or shred the chicken in tacos.