If you’re looking for the best chicken vegetable soup recipe, try making it in a slow cooker!
Everyone should have a slow cooker chicken vegetable soup recipe in their recipe arsenal. We’re always looking for the best chicken vegetable soup recipe. A great recipe for chicken vegetable soup definitely fuels and heals the soul. But if you want a batch that can last a few days but is quick, easy and super delicious, then consider making it in a slow cooker.
This slow cooker chicken vegetable soup recipe is the perfect balance of healthy chicken breast and loaded with veggies. If you want more vegetables, then just add more to your hearts content. Not only is this a great recipe that you can come back to in a few hours to a beautiful soup aroma, but it’s a smaller batch. It’s perfect to feed about 4-5 for a side dish, or for 3-4 hearty entree sizes. And best of all, you can have some left over for lunch the next day.
More Chicken Recipes on BestRecipeBox.com
Some Favorite Tools for Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household, plus with an added bonus of some of our favorite finds for entertaining:
Stoneware Radial Salad Plate – Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia – We love the handmade feel of these salad plates that Chip and Joanna Gaines created for their Target collaboration. Beautiful everyday dishware.
The clean Modernist lines and subdued gold mirror finish on this flatware set.
Watch the Quick Video making the Slower Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup:
This recipe was tested in 4 qt size slow cooker. This is a smaller batch, but you can certainly double it to serve more. You can add any vegetables that you like. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium carrot , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 small zucchini , cubed
- 1 cup (240ml) chopped broccoli (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 5 cups (1180ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- additional salt and pepper , to taste (optional)
- minced parsley for garnish (optional)
- In slow cooker add all the soup ingredients (chicken, carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, broccoli, garlic, bay leaf, dried thyme, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt) except for the additional salt/pepper to taste and minced parsley. Gently mix together all the ingredients to make everything combine well. Broccoli Note: We Love broccoli in our soup, but be prepared for the strong broccoli odor. To eliminate the cooked broccoli smell, you can par boil the broccoli first on the stove top, then add the broccoli to the soup about 15 minutes before the soup finishes.
- Cover and cook the soup on low for 7 hours or about 4 hours on high.
- Gently shred the chicken with two forks and stir the soup to mix the chicken evenly throughout the soup.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Garnish soup with minced parsley.