Slow Cooker – Green Chile Queso Dip Recipe with Jalapeño
Everyone who loves to eat queso dip, especially spicy queso dip, will absolutely love this recipe. This game day queso dip recipe is made in the slow cooker and filled green chiles, optional jalapeño and a bunch of fragrant spices.
Best Queso Dip Recipe for Game Day!
It’s definitely not a boring queso dip. The textures of chiles, smoky spices and layers of flavor make this a crowd favorite. If you don’t don’t want to make it in a slow cooker and prefer stove top, then it will work just as wonderful. Simmer all the ingredients on very low heat so that the cheese can slowly melt without burning at the bottom of the pan.
Video of Easy Queso Dip with Green Chile
This green chile queso dip is perfect for game day, cinco de mayo and any time you’re craving an easy cheese dip appetizer recipe to make for a big crowd. Try it on nachos and you’ll be hooked for life. Warm cheese dips are such a decadent treat, so make it for the next weekend party and you’ll be loving life! And another great game day dish is this Instant Pot pot roast. So tender!
Our Favorite Cookers for Queso Dip:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household:
Slow Cooker - Green Chile Queso Dip Recipe w/ Jalapeño
For the Queso Dip:
- 16 oz. (453g) Velveeta Cheese , cut into 1" cubes for quick melting
- 15 oz (425g) canned chili (no beans)
- 4 oz. (113g) canned diced green chiles
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper , minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (240ml) Half & Half
- tortilla chips (preferred!)
- Potato Chips
- In slow cooker, add all the ingredients and stir together well: Velveeta cheese, chili, diced green chiles, fresh jalapeño, sea salt, ground cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, chipotle powder, ground cayenne pepper and Half and Half.
- Cook on low for about 3 hours or High for about 2 hours *see note below. Stir occasionally to make sure all the cheese melts.
- Serve the yummy queso dip with tortilla chips or the other options.
Best Appetizer Recipes for Game Day or Party:
Best collection of–> awesome chicken wing recipes!
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2019 with an updated video!