Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
Best Honey Mustard Chicken Wings Recipe for your next party
If you’re a fan of honey mustard sauce, you’ll love this finger-licking good honey mustard chicken wings recipe. Our 5 minute lazy-mans honey mustard sauce is truly super easy and it’s the inspiration for this easy baked chicken wings. Or if you want them crunchy, you can definitely deep fry them and we give you the recipe technique below as well. This honey mustard sauce is seriously one of the easiest sauces you can make. Coat the chicken wings a bit of the sauce and bake them to a nice crisp in the oven. When the chicken wings are cooked, we add another round sauce. And then the triple threat comes when you dip these yummy chicken wings in another bowl of this amazing sauce.
Watch Video: Honey Mustard Chicken Wings Recipe
More Great Wings for Your Next Party
Like we mentioned, if you’re a fan of honey mustard, these awesome party chicken wings are for you. We’ve created quite a collection of chicken wing recipes and hopefully you’ll be able to cook through all of them because they truly are the best game day appetizer recipes for Super Bowl or any party gathering. Summer is also a perfect time for chicken wings. And you must try this amazing Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe for Game Day! Serve a side of crunchy carrots, celery or cucumber to add a nice freshness to this great appetizer. Lastly, enjoy any leftover sauce on chicken, potatoes or add a bit of olive oil to make it a salad dressing. There’s so many possibilities to the extra sauce. Enjoy!
Here’s Our —> Best Chicken Wing Recipes
Best Ever –> Garlic Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
Click Here for our –> Sticky Maple Bacon Chicken Wings Recipe
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey , or start with less if you want it less sweet, then add more if needed
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) paprika
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
FOR THE CHICKEN WINGS:
- 2 pounds (907 g) chicken wings , split
- grape seed oil or canola oil , to coat wings (or other high flashpoint cooking oil)
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Whisk the honey mustard sauce ingredients in a bowl (mayonnaise, dijon mustard, honey, vinegar, cayenne pepper and paprika) until sauce is smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
COOK THE WINGS
- Pat dry chicken wings. If desired, cut wings into wingettes and drumette pieces. Add wings in a large bowl. Season wings liberally with salt and pepper. Follow directions for either baking or frying the chicken wings.
For Baking the Chicken Wings
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat chicken wings with the vegetable oil. Spread chicken wings on baking sheet pan. Add about 3 Tablespoons of the honey mustard sauce to the wings. Gently stir to lightly coat wings with the sauce.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Toss the cooked wings with remainder honey mustard sauce or serve the sauce as a dip. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
For Frying the Chicken Wings
- In bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Coat chicken wings with flour mixture.
- Heat oil about 1” deep in large skillet to 350-375° F.
- Gently place wings in hot oil in batches so they don’t crowd each other and stick together. Fry wings on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken wings from oil and toss the cooked wings with the honey mustard sauce or serve the sauce as a dip. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!