Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
Air Fryer Chili Dogs are fantastic and amazing. If you’re a fan of chili cheese and hot dogs, then air frying them will change your life. This process is quick and the results are delicious. Kids will love these!
Easy Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs Recipe
Our past air fryer hot dogs recipe was such a hit. We added bacon for another round of hot dog obsession! The whole test kitchen devoured these bacon wrapped hot dogs. Here’s the recipe for bacon hot dogs version. Now we’re sharing this air fryer chili cheese hot dog version that’s for all chili lovers! The technique is so simple and all you need to do is add your favorite warmed-up chili. Add some cheese on the air fryer warmed bun and bam! These air fried chili cheese hot dogs are super amazing.
Video: Making Chili Cheese Hot Dogs in the Air Fryer
Better with Homemade Chili for Chili Dogs
If you want to make these chili cheese hot dogs even more amazing, make fresh chili! Homemade chili tastes so much better because you can customize the flavors to your personal taste. And best of all, the fresh flavors can’t be beat. We have four different chili recipes for you to enjoy. The possibilities are endless and having left over chili isn’t a bad thing. Add the chili on fries or a baked potato. It’s all good! So if you have time, make one of our homemade chili recipes. It totally tastes better than canned and you can have homemade chili for the week.
Here’s our different chili recipes that you can use for the chili dogs and they’re also perfect for game day.
Tips on How To Cook Chili Cheese Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
Within 15 minutes, you can have chili cheese dogs for a crowd. Larger air fryers can cook more and you can definitely make a party of out it! Just have all your ingredients laid out and within a few minutes you’re ready for a party!
- Lay the hot dogs in a single layer in the air fryer basket, rack or tray. This will ensure that all the hot dogs cook evenly. Don’t stack the hot dogs or franks because the top ones might burn and cook too quick. The closer they are to the heating element coils, the quicker they will cook.
- If you have a small air fryer, you will need to cook in small batches.
- So many different types of hot dogs: there are many hot dog options made of pork, beef, chicken and even tofu that’s plant based or vegan! So there’s plenty of options for hot dogs for different eaters.They all cook around the same time but make sure to check them after the first 5 minutes of air frying.
- There’s even different hot dog bun types. But what make it extra delicious is the garlic butter, the type of cheese you use and all the extra hot dog toppings that you add-on. If you want a great Instant Pot chili recipe this one is award winning!
- All recipe details for this chili dogs in the air fryer are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Chili Cheese Dogs
- Lightly coat the hot dogs with oil spray. Place the hot dogs in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 380°F for 8-10 minutes depending on your preferred texture and size of hot dogs. If you like your hot dogs extra crispy, air fry at 400°F for about 6-8 minutes. Flip the hot dogs half way through cooking.
- Heat the chili while the hot dogs cook.
- Place hot dogs in buns then add chili and sprinkle cheese on top. Cook in the air fryer for about one minute to warm and crisp the bread, cheese and chili.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Easy Topping ideas for hot dogs or chili dogs :
The chili cheese is pretty intense and flavorful already, but if you want to add some more texture and flavor on top here’s some favorites:
- diced onions or pickled red onions
- bacon bits are always a favorite.
- how about some spicy mustard or some type of relish, pickles or sauerkraut
- serve it with some popular side dishes like potato salad, french fries and potato chips
- Add some hot sauce or diced tomatoes
- not sure if ketchup is even an option but it’s your hot dog, so customize the toppings the way you want!
- if you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More Easy Recipes:
- You’ll Love our –> Air Fried Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs!
- Click Here for —-> Our Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Chili cheese hot dog bake for the whole family and they’ll love this!
- more hot dog recipes in the air fryer
- This chili cheese hot dog pizza is different, but delicious
- this recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2020 with updated video. Here’s some great healthy air fryer recipes.