Enjoy our lemon pepper chicken recipe with lots of creamy garlic lemon sauce on top! If you’re a fan of one pot or skillet chicken, this recipe is perfect for you.
Everyone has their busy weeknights where they want a simple chicken dinner and our lemon pepper chicken is definitely on the top of everyones list! It’s simple, non-fussy, loaded with flavor and enjoyed by everyone in the family. Kids especially love this recipe because there’s lots of sauce that they can add on top of the lemon pepper chicken or on top of their favorite pasta or rice. Lemons are available year round and it’s a beloved citrus to add to sauces because of they bright and vibrant flavors. This lemon pepper chicken and sauce is so fresh, flavorful and superb. Though it’s a creamy sauce, it’s not heavy or too rich and what you’ll taste is a bright citrus tang. The fresh lemon zest and lemon juice we add to the sauce recipe really makes it super delicious and addicting. This is the perfect one-pot chicken or skillet chicken dish and you can make dinner in a snap super quick. And on a cold day, this saucy chicken dinner will warm you up quick! Click Here for All Our –> Scrumptious Chicken Recipes
Watch the Video for this Yummy Lemon Pepper Chicken:
Click Here for Our–> Creamy Garlic Chicken And Broccoli Recipe
Click Here for Delicious —> Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Click Here for All Our –> Scrumptious Chicken Recipes
Here’s some great chicken wing recipes for your next game day.
Check out some Favorites Kitchen Tools:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products. Here’s some of the favorites:
The Classic! We’ve lost track of how many meals this one has made for us. Fantastic spiralizer.
Spiralize, peel, core, slice. All from the power of the KitchenAid stand mixer.
For those who love it simple. This great julienne peeler has seen a lot of mileage in our kitchen.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning , or to taste
- (optional) pinch of paprika and/or ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons butter , or olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard , (dijon, yellow, spicy brown, etc…)
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste (preferably fresh cracked pepper)
- optional garnish , 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- optional: serve with cooked pasta , noodles, rice, steamed veggies or side of bread.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts and cut them lengthwise if the chicken is too thick. Season all sides of chicken with lemon pepper seasoning. (optional) Season with sprinkle of paprika and ground cumin.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter to skillet and melt. Add the chicken and sear both sides until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- After chicken is browned, remove it from the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium heat, and melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant. Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, Worcestershire, lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the sauce until completely combined. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake the chicken for about 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- After the chicken is cooked through, garnish with optional parsley. Serve the chicken with the lemon sauce over rice, pasta or noodles.