Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Garlic Lemon Sauce
Enjoy our lemon pepper chicken recipe with lots of creamy garlic lemon sauce on top! If you’re a fan of one pot or skillet chicken, this recipe is perfect for you.
Best Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Everyone has their busy weeknights where they want a simple chicken dinner and our lemon pepper chicken is definitely on the top of everyones list! It’s simple, non-fussy, loaded with flavor and enjoyed by everyone in the family. Kids especially love this recipe because there’s lots of sauce that they can add on top of the lemon pepper chicken or on top of their favorite pasta or rice. This is the perfect one-pot chicken or skillet chicken dish and you can make dinner in a snap super quick. Lemons are available year round and it’s a beloved citrus to add to sauces because of they bright and vibrant flavors.
Creamy Garlic Lemon Sauce for Lemon Pepper Chicken and More
This lemon pepper chicken and sauce is so fresh, flavorful and superb. Though it’s a creamy sauce, it’s not heavy or too rich and what you’ll taste is a bright citrus tang. The fresh lemon zest and lemon juice we add to the sauce recipe really makes it super delicious and addicting. Make the sauce for other dishes, it’s not just for chicken:
- Add the sauce over pasta for a simple lemon pasta dish.
- Love white fish? This sauce is perfect for your favorite seafood. Here’s the recipe.
- This lemon sauce is perfect when drizzled over vegetables. It makes boring vegetables more delicious.
Video: Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Favorites Kitchen Tools:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products. Here’s some of the favorites:
The Classic! We’ve lost track of how many meals this one has made for us. Fantastic spiralizer.
Spiralize, peel, core, slice. All from the power of the KitchenAid stand mixer.
For those who love it simple. This great julienne peeler has seen a lot of mileage in our kitchen.
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2019 with an updated video.
Chicken with Creamy Garlic Lemon Pepper Sauce
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds (907 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately)
- 1-2 teaspoons (5 ml) lemon pepper seasoning , or to taste
- (optional) pinch of paprika and/or ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) butter
For the Creamy Garlic Lemon Pepper Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , or olive oil
- 4 (4 ) large cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) mustard , (dijon, yellow, spicy brown, etc…)
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste (preferably fresh cracked pepper)
- optional garnish , 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- optional: serve with cooked pasta , noodles, rice, steamed veggies or side of bread.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts and cut them lengthwise if the chicken is too thick. Season all sides of chicken with lemon pepper seasoning. (optional) Season with sprinkle of paprika and ground cumin.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 1 Tablespoon of butter to skillet and melt. Add the chicken and sear both sides until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- After chicken is browned, remove it from the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium heat, and melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant. Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, Worcestershire, lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the sauce until completely combined. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake the chicken for about 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- After the chicken is cooked through, garnish with optional parsley. Serve the chicken with the lemon sauce over rice, pasta or noodles.