Korean Pork and Kimchi Noodle Stir Fry: Ramen Hack
Korean Pork and KimChi Noodle Stir Fry (Kimchee)
If you love Korean flavors, then this pork and kimchi noodle stir fry recipe is for you! It’s one of the easiest noodle recipes that’s quick and easy to feed your family. These easy Korean noodles are part of our ramen hack series that uses dried ramen noodles. It’s a super flavorful, delicious and budget-friendly recipe. It’s alway a great way to use up ingredients in your pantry. The sautéed pork with garlic, Korean fermented spicy cabbage with noodles and fish sauce explodes with flavor! The umami from the cabbage and fish sauce take this ramen hack recipe to another level. If you don’t have korean kimchi, then you can use shredded cabbage, kale, swiss chard or any green leafy vegetable that you want.
Video: Recipe Korean Kimchi and Pork Noodles
How to Cook Korean Noodles with Kim Chi and Pork
The possibilities are endless here if you don’t have Kimchi in the fridge. Like we mentioned above, you can use shredded cabbage as a substitute and just add some hot sauce. If you don’t have cabbage, you can use chopped/shredded kale, swiss chard or any leafy green that you want. You can even use chopped broccoli or cauliflower. The veggie possibilities are endless. You can also use fresh noodles as well. Or anytime of cooked pasta like angel hair, spaghetti or fettuccine works too. This ramen hack has so many possibilities and the pork and fish sauce flavors really make this dish explode with umami and spice. Follow our step-by-step photo tutorial and all the recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Pork and Kimchi Noodle Stir Fry - Ramen Hack
- 1/2 pound (227 g) (or about 2 ramen packages) dried Asian noodles , cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 1 pound (454 g) ground pork
- 1/2 (1/2 ) onion , diced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fish sauce (or soy sauce, worcestershire will work as a sub too)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (230 g) kimchi
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) green onions , plus additional for garnish
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onions and garlic. Cook onions and garlic until softened, about 1 minute. Add the ground pork. Cook until the pork is browned, crispy and cooked though, 5-8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the water, fish sauce/soy sauce, and sugar. Stir in the noodles and cook until the noodles are heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in kimchi and green onions, cook for an additional minute to warm kimchi. Plate, garnish with additional green onions and serve warm. Add extra veggies if you want to make it extra healthy!
Here’s more korean recipes to try out. If you made this recipe, please share it with us on our social media! We love seeing your creations. And if you made and enjoyed this recipe, leave your comment below. Thanks, friends!
Try our other Ramen Hack: Beef and Broccoli Noodles!