Whoa! This is AMAZING. So many readers loved our chili cheese crescent dog bake and chili cheese hot dog bake that it blew our minds. Maybe it’s because they’re great appetizers for weekend parties and game days, but you all inspired us to continue our beloved cheese cheese hots dogs over to a pizza! Yes, chili cheese hot dog pizza was on our radar for a long time and it we finally worked on a version that we loved most and here is it for you to keep up the love of any thing chili cheese hot dogs. We’re forever fans!
Drool over this Chili Cheese Hot Dog Pizza Video
It’s a fantastic crispy crust when baked in a cast iron skillet. Crisped with some garlic butter and adorned with our beloved chili, favorite hot dog slices and cheese. Wow! Everyone couldn’t believe how delicious this was and super satisfying when we were craving chili cheese dogs. It’s a wonderful way to break up the same ol’ pizza and hot dog repertoire by combing in it together to make a beautiful decadent and easy pizza. Now let’s definitely talk EASY. Geez, the refrigerated pizza dough we used was seriously super easy, crispy and amazing. The texture of the dough when pre-baked definitely was up to par with some other store bought pizzas.
When it’s time to gather and watch the game or you want to be the hero-cook at the next potluck party, bring one of these out of the oven, fresh and hot. You’ll make a ton of people happy, especially lovers of anything chili cheese dogs.
Chili Cheese Hot Dog Pizza
- 13.8 oz (391g) canned refrigerated pizza crust
- Olive Oil or softened Butter, for brushing skillet
- 3-4 hot dogs
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) Butter , melted (olive oil works fine too)
- 2 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 15 oz (about 1 cup or 240ml) Chili
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces or 113g) grated Cheese (mozzarella and cheddar are classic choices)
Chili Toppings (choose your favorites)
- Tomatoes , chopped
- Red Onions , diced
- Green Onions , sliced
- Sour Cream
- Olives , sliced
- Jalapeños , sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F. Brush olive oil (or butter) inside a 10” cast iron skillet or other oven safe skillet.
- Generously prick hot dogs with fork to prevent curling; cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices. Set aside.
- Unroll pizza crust dough. Turn the skillet upside down and into press dough to mark the size of the pan. Trim the excess dough. Place the dough inside the skillet allowing the dough to go up the edges slightly.Combine the melted butter and garlic. Brush the top of the dough with the garlic butter.
- Bake the pizza dough for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with chili, hot dogs, and cheese. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden.Serve warm with desired chili toppings.