Everyone raves about Dad’s chunky beef chili. He’s made his easy beef chili with beans and without beans and they’re both fantastic. When game day rolls around, everyone is waiting for Dad’s famous beef chili because it’s loaded with flavor, beef and beans (if you want) and it’s super easy to make. It’s his best one-pot chili recipe no one can beat because it’s the perfect, non-fussy chili recipe that always comes out great. His chili recipe ingredients are simple: ground beef, tomato sauce, fresh garlic and spices. It’s not a fancy or complicated beef chili recipe because we’ve made it so many times with our eyes closed. But after simmering the pot of chili for about 15 minutes, all the flavors come together wonderfully and every bite is rich and loaded with ground beef.
Video of Dad’s Famous Beef Chili Recipe:
There’s so many ways to enjoy Dad’s beef chili and when a game day or a great Super Bowl chili dish is needed, Dad fulfills his call of duty and makes a huge pot. Just having a bowl of the chili with some favorite toppings like sour cream, red onions and cheese is everyones go-to. But we’ve devoured it on chili cheese hot dogs, beef chili quesadillas and chili nachos. The possibilities for game day chili really is endless and we’ve even made chili burgers if there’s any left over. Seriously, his chili is a pot of gold and happiness. It satisfies all our cravings for chili, especially on cold days when we want something to warm us up!
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion , diced
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 30 ounces Tomato sauce (crushed, diced or regular)
- 15 ounces canned Beans (black, pinto, cannellini, etc…), drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano leaves
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- sour cream
- red onions
- green onions
- Heat saucepan on medium/high heat. Add olive oil, then add ground beef. Break up beef into small chunks and cook until browned. Add onion and garlic. Cook onions and garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Bring to a simmer, give it a good even stir and lower heat to continue simmering. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite toppings.