Dad’s Famous Beef Chili (Stove Top)
Everyone raves about Dad’s chunky beef chili recipe. He’s made his easy beef chili with beans and without beans and they’re both fantastic. When game day rolls around, everyone is waiting for Dad’s famous beef chili because it’s loaded with flavor, beef and beans (if you want) and it’s super easy to make.
Best Beef Chili on Stove Top
It’s his best one-pot chili recipe no one can beat because it’s the perfect, non-fussy chili recipe that always comes out great. The chili recipe ingredients are simple: ground beef, tomato sauce, fresh garlic and spices. It’s not a fancy or complicated beef chili recipe because we’ve made it so many times with our eyes closed. But after simmering the pot of chili for about 15 minutes, all the flavors come together wonderfully and every bite is rich and loaded with ground beef.
Video of Dad’s Famous Beef Chili Recipe:
Best Chili Toppings:
There’s so many ways to enjoy Dad’s beef chili and when a game day or a great Super Bowl chili dish is needed. There’s so many great chili toppings:
- Sour cream adds a wonderful tangy is awesome flavor
- Chopped onion or red onions. We love adding different types of chopped raw onions. From white, sweet or red onions, the options are plentiful. Chopped green onions or chives is great too.
- Cheese is everyones go-to. The melty type of cheese are great like cheddar, smoked gouda, provolone or pepper jack. Swiss adds amazing flavor too. If you like mozzarella this is a great option.
What are ways to serve chili?
- chili cheese hot dogs
- beef chili quesadillas
- chili nachos
- on burgers
- Topping for scrambled eggs
- The possibilities for game day chili really is endless if there’s any left over. Seriously, this chili is a pot of gold and happiness. It satisfies all our cravings for chili, especially on cold days when we want something to warm us up!
Dad’s Famous Beef Chili
- 1 pound (454 g) ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion , diced
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 30 ounces (850 g) Tomato sauce , (two 15oz. cans or @ 4 cups) crushed, diced or regular
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned Beans (black, pinto, cannellini, etc…), drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Oregano leaves
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- sour cream
- red onions
- green onions
- Heat saucepan on medium/high heat. Add olive oil, then add ground beef. Break up beef into small chunks and cook until browned. Add onion and garlic. Cook onions and garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Bring to a simmer, give it a good even stir and lower heat to continue simmering. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite toppings.
More Easy Recipes:
- Game Day Recipes
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
- Instant Pot Beef Chili Recipe
- Healthy and Fresh Chicken Chili
- Easy Chicken Chili with Roast Chicken
Here’s a great healthy chicken chili recipe for ya if you’re looking for something with chicken. Hope you enjoy the recipe friends! This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2021 with updates.