Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Our air fryer bacon hot dogs are a game changer! Wow, they cook crispy and amazing. Within minutes we have bacon wrapped air fried bacon dogs for the whole family.
What causes the bacon dogs to start smoking in the air fryer?
Size of hot dogs and thickness of the bacon will vary so adjust times accordingly. Cooking too much bacon at once can release oil splattering on the heating element. This causes the air fryer to release smoke. Try not to cook too much bacon at once. Read our detailed write up here on What Causes Air Fryer to Smoke.
Easy Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
If you’re a fan of hot dogs AND bacon then this is totally for you. Making bacon wrapped hot dogs in the air fryer is seriously a game changer. It’s not only a quick and easy way to make air fried bacon hot dogs. The crispy textures are what makes these hot dogs exceptional. The hot circulator air cooks the bacon and hot dogs evenly and to a perfect crisp.
Video: Air Fryer Bacon Hot Dogs Recipe
Tips on How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
- We love having crispy hot dog edges. It tastes like it came off the grill.
- When wrapping each slice of bacon to secure to the hot dog, you can use a toothpick. But make sure to remove the toothpick before eating.
- But if you don’t like to have crispy hot dog edges, then make sure to wrap the bacon all the way to the tips. One way to keep the bacon from shrinking away from the hot dog ends is to use toothpicks to secure the bacon. Make sure to remove the toothpick before eating!
- Warm the buns in the air fryer for about 1 minute.
- You can use turkey bacon, but spray it with oil once it’s wrapped around the hot dog. The oil around the turkey bacon will keep it from drying out too fast. The flavor will be great!
- Air fryer ovens will take a few more minutes, depending on the power and size of the air fryer.
- Add your favorite toppings like onion, relish, pickles and even bbq sauce.
- All recipe details for air fryer bacon-wrapped hot dogs are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 hot dog buns
- For serving: ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, pickles, jalapeños, onions, etc.
- Snugly wrap bacon around hot dogs. Make sure bacon covers the tips of the hot dogs.
- Place hot dogs in air fryer basket. Air Fry at 380°F for 8-10 minutes depending on your preferred texture, size of hot dogs, and how cooked you like your bacon. If you like your hot dogs & bacon extra crispy, Air Fry at 400°F for about 6-8 minutes.
- Flip the hot dogs half way through cooking so everythign can cook evenly.
- Place bacon wrapped hot dogs in the buns and air fry for another minute or until the bread is warm. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Information per Serving
More Easy Recipes:
- Click Here for —-> Our Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Simple air fryer hot dogs
- Chili cheese hot dog bake
- chili cheese hot dog pizza
- Different ways to cook hot dogs in the air fryer
- Check out these healthy air fryer recipes. If you make and like our recipes, please leave a comment and a 5-star rating below! We appreciate your feedback and check out our other recipes too. Thanks so much friends!
Cooking bacon separately is so easy. Here’s how.
Try our–> Air Fried Chili Cheese Dogs!