Healthy and Fresh Chicken Chili
Our healthy chicken chili recipe has lots of fresh vegetables and clean tasting. The freshness of this chicken chili recipe really comes through!
Healthy Chicken Chili with Chicken Breast
This easy chicken chili recipe is one of those year round dishes that we rarely ever get tired of. When the weather is cold, a warm bowl of chili always satisfies a hearty appetite. For summer parties or football game days, variations on our chili rocks the menu: chicken chili quesadillas, chicken chili nachos and chicken chili cheese fries. This recipe is one of those dishes which taste better the next day and is a rock star leftover dish that always keeps on giving. Don’t you love dishes like chili which can be re-purposed in many different ways and you can never get tired of it? This is why we adore this fresh and healthy chili recipe so much.
Watch Video for Fresh & Healthy Chicken Chili Recipe
Fresh Vegetables in Healthy Chicken Chili
We love our fresh chicken chili version because it’s full of fresh vegetables, flavor and texture. Our goal was to create a quick and easy chicken chili recipe that used as many fresh ingredients as possible. Because we wanted a recipe without sacrificing the rich flavor of what makes chili so wonderful. Fresh chicken instead of leftover chicken, fresh tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, celery and spices are the base to both a healthy and tasty chili.
What makes this chicken chili recipe even healthier is using chicken white breast meat. But please feel free to use what ever cut of chicken you like and appreciate all the wonderful vegetables that make this so delicious. Using chicken thigh meat will add a deeper, richer chicken flavor if that’s what you’re craving. If you want to splurge then definitely top off the bowls of chicken chili with some shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream! That will definitely take this chili to a new level of flavor and calories. Enjoy!
Fresh & Healthy Chicken Chili
- 2 Tablespoons (29.57 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium (1 medium) onion , minced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) Garlic , minced
- .75 pound (340 g) chicken breast or cutlets , cut into small bite sized pieces.
- 1 pound (454 g) fresh tomatoes , small dice
- 3 ounces (85 g) tomato paste
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt , or more to taste
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned black beans , drained
- 2 stalks (2 stalks) celery , small dice
- 1 large (1 large) bell pepper , small dice
- Heat a large pan, add oil, minced onions and garlic. Cook until transluscent. Add chicken, cook chicken until it becomes white on the outside. Add fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and salt. Stir to combine well, then allow to come to simmer. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add black beans, celery, and bell pepper. Stir to combine well. If it's too thick, add a little more water. Bring to a boil, then immediately lower heat and bring to a low simmer. Continue simmering the chili for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, for the flavors to combine. Keep cooking the chili until it becomes your desired consistency.
More Easy Recipes:
- Roast Chicken Chili
- Instant pot beef chili
- Air fryer chili cheese hot dogs
- chicken chili quesadillas
- chili cheese hot dog pizza
- more Amazing Chili Recipes
- You’ll Love these –> Awesome Appetizer Recipes
- Quick and Easy—> Yummy Chicken Recipes
- More chili recipes! Southern Food Chicken Chili with corn,
This healthy chicken chili recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2018 with updated video and photos.