Our previous chili cheese hot dog bake with crescent rolls were a hit and as an experiment we tested another batch for an easier version with just the hot dog buns. The results were equally fantastic! Everyone loved these versions too and they definitely are the perfect party appetizer for Game Day, Super Bowl or any gathering. These chili cheese hot dogs are so satisfying and filling, they’re actually like a meal! Add some cold beer and some milk for the kids, everyone will be thrilled to be celebrating with our favorite past time food: hot dogs.
Video of our scrumptious chili cheese hot dog bake:
Why this version of our chili cheese hot dog bake is super delicious is because we brush the buns with yummy garlic butter. The fragrant flavor really comes through and the butter crisps the buns to a perfect crunch! When we took them out of the oven, we didn’t think the buns would be so crispy and delicious. We couldn’t help ourselves but to eat more than one.
So when you want to whip of everyones favorite hot dogs, this version will knock their socks off. You can make trays of these super quick and sauce them up with extra chili and cheese if you like. What ever you do, make sure to make extra because everyone is going to go nuts over how delicious and addicting they are.
Remember that there are many hot dog options made of pork, beef, chicken and even tofu! So there’s plenty of options for hot dogs for different eaters. There’s even different hot dog bun types. But what make it extra delicious is the garlic butter, the type of cheese you use and all the extra hot dog toppings that you add-on.
Want more? Try our Chili Cheese Crescent Dog Bake! They wen’t viral!
Super Crazy Delicious Chili Cheese Dogs!
Have fun with these recipes and have a great game day weekend or what ever party you decide to have! Trust us, if anyone loves chili cheese hot dogs, they’re going to love both of these recipes. Again, just make sure to make a few extra trays of each because everyone is going to devour them super duper quick.
This hot dog bake is delicious because of the extra butter brushed on top!
- 8 Hot Dogs , rinsed and patted dry
- 8 Hot Dog Buns
- 2 Tablespoons Butter , melted
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 15.5 ounces Chili (1 can or about 2 cups)
- 1 cup grated Cheese
- chopped green onions , for garnish
- chopped tomatoes , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the hot dogs in the buns and then place in a 9”x13” baking dish. Melt butter and add the minced garlic to the butter. Brush garlic butter over the hot dogs and buns.
- Spread the chili over the top of the hot dogs. Sprinkle the cheese over the hot dogs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until buns are crispy and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions and tomatoes and serve warm.