Skillet Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Skillet Steak bites or skillet steak tips are so delicious! We’ve been enjoying these steak tips or steak bites in our test kitchen so much and we’re still not tired of them.
Best Skillet Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Our skillet garlic butter steak bites recipe is another super easy recipe that goes a long way. When you don’t want a lot of steak, then these bites are perfect. The outside crust and texture on each bites is fantastic. The garlic butter flavors are dynamite too and it doesn’t get any more easy delicious than this skillet steak tips recipe.
Video: Easy Steak Bites Recipe with Garlic Butter
What is the best cut of steak for steak tips or steak bites?
For the types of steak, we recommend cooking with your favorite. Depending on the budget, we prefer ribeye, sirloin, tri-tip, and chuck shoulder steaks (aka London Broil steaks). They are flavorful with enough fat and when seared on the pan with the garlic butter, each bite is juicy and delicious! Tough cuts like brisket, eye of round roast and rump roast should be avoided. Those cuts are better for slow cooking or braising to breakdown the meat. The air fryer won’t cook those tough cuts to be tender.
How to Cook Steak Bites in Skillet:
- Start with a hot skillet and melt the butter. Then add the cubed steak. Lay the steak cubes in a single layer.
- Sear all sides on high heat until a crust forms around the steak cubes. Then add garlic, optional Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Cook steak bites to your preferred doneness. Add some chopped parsley, more salt/pepper if needed.
- more recipe details in the recipe box below.
Best Seasonings or Spices for Steak Tips
- There’s so many different options beyond garlic butter. You can use your own favorite sauces or spices as well.
- Steak seasonings are great.
- BBQ sauces or marinades
- Spicy hot sauces or seasonings
- Taco seasoning is great for a Mexican inspired steak bites.
- Teriyaki sauce for Asian inspired flavors.
- Love curry? Add some curry powder or curry sauce for a fantastic curry steak bite dinner. Just add some white rice and dinner is served.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 1 lb. (454 g) steak , cut into about 1/2” cubes
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced or crushed
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce , optional
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Minced Italian parsley , garnish
- chili flakes , for finishing, optional
- Additional butter for finishing , optional
- Pat dry the steak cubes. Melt the 2 Tablespoons of butter a large skillet over high heat. Add the steak cubes and lay in a single layer. Sear all sides on high heat until a crust forms around the steak cubes, usually about 3-5 minutes depending on size of the steak & how hot the skillet is.
- Add the garlic, optional Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Continue to cook steak bites to your preferred doneness, usually another minute or two.
- Add some chopped parsley, optional chili flakes, and more salt and/or pepper if desired. Optional – finish with a tablespoon or so more of butter melted on top of the steak bites. Serve hot.
Try Our Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe.