Skillet Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Skillet Steak bites or skillet steak tips are so delicious! We’ve been enjoying these steak tips or steak bites in our test kitchen so much and we’re still not tired of them.
Best Skillet Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Our skillet garlic butter steak bites recipe is another super easy recipe that goes a long way. When you don’t want a lot of steak, then these bites are perfect. The outside crust and texture on each bites is fantastic. The garlic butter flavors are dynamite too and it doesn’t get any more easy delicious than this skillet steak tips recipe.
Video: Easy Steak Bites Recipe with Garlic Butter
Best Cuts of Steak for Steak Bites or Steak Tips?
For the types of steak, we recommend cooking with your favorite. Depending on the budget, we prefer ribeye, sirloin, tri-tip, and chuck shoulder steaks (aka London Broil steaks). They are flavorful with enough fat and when seared on the pan with the garlic butter, each bite is juicy and delicious!
- Tough cuts like brisket, eye of round roast and rump roast should be avoided. You’ll get tough and chewy steak bites. Those cuts are better for slow cooking or braising to breakdown the meat. If you want to use your air fryer, it won’t cook those tough cuts to be tender.
- If you like chicken you can use this same recipe and make our skillet parmesan chicken bites.
How to Cook Steak Bites in Skillet:
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready. You don’t want to be chopping garlic while the steak cooks or else you can easily overcook the steak.
- Start with a hot skillet and melt the butter. Then add the cubed steak. Lay the steak cubes in a single layer.
- Sear all sides on high heat until a crust forms around the steak cubes. Then add garlic, optional Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Cook steak bites to your preferred doneness. Add some chopped parsley, more salt/pepper if needed.
- more skillet steak bites recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Best Seasonings or Spices for Steak Tips
There’s so many different options beyond garlic butter for these skillet steak bites. You can use your own favorite sauces or spices as well.
- Steak seasonings are great.
- BBQ sauces or marinades give a good smoky flavor
- Spicy hot sauces or seasonings are always fantastic. How about making some homemade chili crisp to put on the bites?
- Taco seasoning is great for a Mexican inspired steak bites.
- Teriyaki sauce for Asian inspired flavors.
- Love curry? Add some curry powder or curry sauce for a fantastic curry steak bite dinner. Just add some white rice and skillet steak bites dinner is served.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 1 lb. (454 g) steak , cut into about 1/2” cubes
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced or crushed
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce , optional
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Minced Italian parsley , garnish
- chili flakes , for finishing, optional
- Additional butter for finishing , optional
- Pat dry the steak cubes. Melt the 2 Tablespoons of butter a large skillet over high heat. Add the steak cubes and lay in a single layer. Sear all sides on high heat until a crust forms around the steak cubes, usually about 3-5 minutes depending on size of the steak & how hot the skillet is.
- Add the garlic, optional Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Continue to cook steak bites to your preferred doneness, usually another minute or two.
- Add some chopped parsley, optional chili flakes, and more salt and/or pepper if desired. Optional – finish with a tablespoon or so more of butter melted on top of the steak bites. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Why are steak bites tough and chewy?
Each cut of beef varies so much and some are more tough than others. This skillet method of searing is a quick method and sometimes not always enough cooking time to break down the meat fiber in tougher cuts.
- Did you overcook the steak bites? Overcooking can easily cause the meat to shrink, lose too much moisture and become chewy.
- It might have not been the best quality of meat. Buy steak grade meat.
Do you need to any sauce?
If you seasoned the steak bites enough you should need any more sauce. The garlic butter flavors are great as they are. But if you love sauce, then it’s totally cool to add some steak sauce, worcestershire or bbq sauce. Add what ever you like!
Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
Do you have an air fryer laying around that doesn’t get used? Then pull it out and try our air fryer steak bites recipe. The hot circulating air makes the steak bites really crispy and amazing. We love the char and it’s almost like grilling little bites of steak, but without all the work.