Thai Iced Tea Recipe – Just like the restaurants
We’re obsessed with making this thai iced tea recipe at home! We have the secret to what makes this just like what you would order at your local Thai restaurant.
Easy Thai Tea Recipe like Restaurants
You guys, if you like thai tea, then you can make it at home! No need to head out to your Thai restaurant for thai iced tea when it’s easy and you can make gallons of it.
Our recipe really is that delicious, just like the restaurants. It starts with the thai tea mix that is commonly used. Anyone who has tasted our recipe always say how it’s exactly like the restaurant versions. Only difference is that our version has less sugar. So if you like it more sweet you can definitely add the sugar to taste.
There are several brands of thai tea mix and the one that our test kitchen used was Pantai Thai Tea Mix. These mixes are what many Thai restaurants use. The mixes are dyed with yellow food coloring (look on the package) and that’s what gives it it’s bright orange color. Also, Thai tea has a vanilla aroma to it. So if you want to have the brilliant orange color and flavors like most of the Thai restaurants, then this is one of the brands of thai tea to buy : Panthai.
There’s probably other brands of Thai tea mixes to buy, but this is the one we first tried it with and it was a success. Some readers enjoyed using this other brand called ” The Original Thai Iced Tea Mix”.
Video: Authentic Thai Tea Recipe:
The creamy goodness in this drink comes from half and half. If you want, you can use other creamers such as coconut milk, whole milk or sweetened condensed milk. What ever you use, make sure to consider the sweetness of those creamers because they’ll change the sugar level of the overall thai iced tea once added to the brewed tea mix.
Have fun with this drink!
Add some fun straws and what you have is some awesome drink that all your friends will be blown away at how delicious it is! This thai iced tea recipe is literally, dessert in a glass. And if you’re craving another great drink, try bulletproof coffee!
How to Make Thai Tea Ingredients :
Here are our favorite Thai Tea mixes and the traditional, re-useable strainer the we love:
This is the mix we commonly find in Asian store around us. Just like the restaurants.
Another mix which many of our readers have suggested. Number One!
Go traditional with this Thai Tea Filter. Get a second one for coffee too!
This recipe was originally published 2017 and re-published in 2021 with updated video!
THAI ICED TEA RECIPE
- 1 cup (80 g) Pantai Thai Tea Mix
- 4 cups (980 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) half and half or other creamer (some folks also use coconut milk, whole milk, sweetened condensed milk) *approximately
- ice cubes
- Bring water to boil and add the thai tea mix. Add sugar and gently stir to completely dissolve sugar. Gently boil tea for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Allow tea to steep for at least 30 minutes and allow it to cool. The more concentrated the tea flavor, the better the Thai tea tastes.
- Strain the Thai tea and aside to cool (we prefer to strain through a traditional re-useable cloth filter to remove any sediment). You can make this ahead of time and have the Thai tea chilling in the fridge. Completely chill before serving.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in Thai tea leaving enough room to fill in your half and half (or other creamer). For an 8 oz. glass we like to add about 2-3 tablespoons of half and half for a creamier flavor.