When you have an overload of zucchini, one of the best and easy zucchini recipes to cook is a zucchini stir fry. Though zucchini can be rather light on flavor, one way to amp it up is to add spicy sriracha hot sauce. For all you hot sauce lovers, sriracha is a great stand by to have in the fridge and best of all, it’s a great addition to this easy zucchini stir fry recipe. Add these zesty and spicy slices of zucchini in a sandwich, on top of rice or on a bed of pasta/noodles and what you have is a quick and easy meal that’s also happens to be vegetarian. And quite healthy!
Watch the Video for the Sriracha Zucchini Stir Fry
More Sriracha Recipes Here.
zucchini, zucchini and more zucchini!
quick and easy zucchini stir fry recipe with sriracha hot sauce!
Sriracha Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe
Yield: Serves 2-3
Total Time: 15 min
Please read post for more recipe details.
To make this vegetarian, substitute hoisin for the oyster sauce (Regular oyster sauce is not vegetarian).
- 1 pound (455g) zucchini, sliced thin about 1/8 inches
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
- 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 stalks of celery, small dice, about 1 cup total
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, and then add oil. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add the zucchini and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and sriracha. Gently stir all the sauces into the zucchini until everything is combined well and zucchini is tender. About 2 minutes total.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve over rice or pasta.