Thai Bubble Tea
Thai bubble tea or boba thai tea is a fun and sweet drink that’s easy to make at home. You don’t need to go out to a boba tea shop to get this delicious drink.
Thai Bubble Tea Recipe
Making homemade Thai bubble tea or Boba Thai tea is fantastic because you can adjust the sweetness level to you liking. It won’t cost a fortune! You can make gallons of this if you want and won’t break the bank. Boba is a traditional Taiwanese based drink with chewy black balls at the bottom of the drink. These black balls are made of tapioca, which gives the chewey consistency. As you drink boba tea, you’re chewing the tapioca balls at the same time, which makes for a very filling drink. You can add it to team, milk tea, smoothies, slashes or even iced coffee! That’s why we wanted to make this Thai bubble tea or Boba Thai tea from our popular Thai iced tea recipe. The combination of the two makes for a fun and delicious drink.
Video: Thai Bubble Tea or Boba Thai Tea:
HERE’S ARE RECAP OF OUR FAVORITE Products:
Here are our favorite Thai Tea mixes, re-useable strainer, & bobas that we love:
This is the mix we commonly find in Asian store around us. Just like the restaurants.
Another mix which many of our readers have suggested. Number One!
Go traditional with this Thai Tea Filter. Get a second one for coffee too!
Great reviews, cooks quicker, and they even have different color options. This one is top on our list of boba to try.
These are the boba pearls we find in our local Asian grocery store. They don’t ship great, so sometimes there will be some broken up pearls, but the texture when cooked properly is great.
Another Thai tea mix. These are individual bags. Quick & Simple.
Restaurant Style Thai Tea Recipe
So if you love Thai iced tea, our Thai bubble recipe is just like the one you would drink at most Thai Restaurants. Our Thai tea recipe is that good! Everyone who has tasted our recipe says it tastes just like what you would order at Thai restaurants. Add some boba pearls to the drink and voila! You have a sweet, refreshing and filling drink to add to your meal when you’re eating pad thai or any type of meal! Enjoy this refreshing and fun thai bubble tea recipe!
Thai Boba Tea
For the Thai Tea:
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Pantai Thai Tea Mix
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
For the Boba & Completing the drink:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry tapioca pearls
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk , half & half, or other creamer (some folks also use coconut milk, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk) *approximately
Make the Thai Tea:
- Bring water to boil and add the Thai tea mix and sugar. Stir to completely dissolve sugar. Gently boil tea for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Allow tea to steep for at least 30 minutes and allow it to cool. The more concentrated the tea flavor, the better the Thai tea tastes.
- Strain the Thai tea and aside to cool (we prefer to strain through a traditional re-useable cloth filter to remove any sediment). You can make this ahead of time and have the Thai tea chilling in the fridge. Completely chill before serving.
Make the Boba and Serve:
- Cook tapioca pearls according to package instructions. *see Note 1 below for instructions on cooking the boba we bought.
- Divide the warm tapioca pearls into 2-(16 oz) glasses. Pour the cold tea into the two glasses.
- Pour about 1/4 cup milk (or preferred creamer) into each of the glasses. Stir with a straw and enjoy