Oven Roast Asian Pulled Pork for Tacos, Sandwiches, Sliders and More!
This oven roasted asian pulled pork is a tried and true recipe with high ratings from all our tasters! Loaded with flavor from our simple marinade, it’s amazing how truly simple this recipe is. Here’s our complete list of all our popular–> pork recipes.
How to Make Asian Pulled Pork? It’s So Easy!
Our easy recipe for asian pulled pork is roasted for about 4 hours, our sauce cooks down into the pulled pork and what comes out of the oven is truly one of the best Asian pulled pork recipes ever. The sauce has freshly ginger, onions, garlic, crushed tomatoes, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar, mustard and the all important fish sauce! Yes, all these amazing ingredients cook down to a sauce that you won’t want to waste. That’s why everyone is crazy about this pulled pork recipe. The flavors are deep, full of umami and so rich, it’s hard too resist eating 2-3 portions. It’s a saucy pulled pork that’s perfect for tacos, sandwiches, sliders and so much more.
Watch Video: Awesome Asian Pulled Pork Recipe:
How Long Does It Take To Make Pulled Pork in The Oven?
Here’s More BBQ/Grilling Recipes
Click Here for more Pork Recipes
Click Here for more Asian Recipes
Oven Roast Asian Pulled Pork for Sliders, Tacos and More
- 4 lb. (1.11 kg) pork butt or pork shoulder
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 5-6 medium cloves garlic minced
- 15 oz. can (425 g) diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) finely grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fish sauce or soy sauce (but fish sauce tastes better! try it) For Gluten Free use Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chili garlic sauce or Gluten Free Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup (55 g) brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Add oil evenly to outside of pork shoulder and season all sides with salt and pepper.Heat large cast iron pan or deep oven proof skillet on medium-high heat. Sear each side of the pork shoulder on the hot pan until the pork is brown. About 3 minutes per side. Remove the pork from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same oven proof skillet, heat to medium heat. Add oil, onion and garlic. Cook onions and garlic until soft and fragrant.Add tomatoes, ginger, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, mustard, brown sugar and black pepper. Stir together until well combined.
- Add the seared pork back into the skillet with the sauce and ladle the tomato sauce mixture over the pork. Cover the pork with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pork for about 4 hours, or until the pork is tender and easily shreds with a fork. Skim off any excess fat, then shred the pork in the sauce.
- Keep foil over the shredded pork to keep it warm before serving. It tastes even better the next day! Serve on tacos, sliders, sandwiches, pasta or on rice. Don't waste the yummy sauce!
Love tacos? More awesometaco recipes for you to enjoy with our pork.