Every once in a while you need an easy 20-minute recipe and this honey-garlic shrimp recipe is the answer! When you’re craving a quick and easy seafood recipe for dinner, honey-garlic shrimp is super simple and takes just a few minutes of prep and cooking time. How long it takes to cook the shrimp really depends on the size of the shrimp. But even if you’re cooking large shrimp, they cook quick and this recipe doesn’t take any longer to prepare. If you’re using larger shrimp, you might want to double the sauce because it’s really delicious.
You can also customize this recipe to your liking. Do you really love garlic? Then it’s easy to achieve by just adding more garlic. Love the sweetness of honey? Definitely add a bit more honey for sweetness if you like. This recipe only has a few ingredients, but each one adds great flavor and can easily be heightened.
There are also many options for serving this delicious and tender honey garlic shrimp. The classic and probably most common is with white rice or with brown rice. But if you’re looking to expand your repertoire of grains, then definitely try couscous or quinoa. If you’re wanting something lighter, healthier and less carbs then definitely try this recipe for honey garlic shrimp in a big salad! Fresh crispy greens like spinach, lettuce or kale would be a fantastic salad base to make this a superb seafood salad.
The size of the shrimp will affect cooking time, so no exact time was mentioned in step 2. Simply cook the shrimp until it goes from translucent to pink and opaque and firms up.
- 1 pound (455g) shrimp, peeled deveined
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- green onions or cilantro , chopped for garnish
- (optional) lemon wedges
- Serve with rice , pasta, couscous or quinoa.
Make the sauce: In small bowl whisk together the honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce and corn starch until smooth. Set aside.
Heat pan on medium-high heat. Add oil, then garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant and translucent, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through.
Add the sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed, to taste.
- Garnish with green onions or cilantro. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over right before serving.
- Serve with rice, pasta, couscous or quinoa.