20 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp
Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Every once in a while you need an easy 20-minute recipe and this shrimp recipe is the answer! When you’re craving a quick and easy seafood recipe for dinner, our recipe is super simple and takes just a few minutes of prep and cooking time. How long it takes to cook the shrimp really depends on the size of the shrimp. But even if you’re cooking large shrimp, they cook quick and this recipe doesn’t take any longer to prepare. If you’re using larger shrimp, you might want to double the sauce because it’s really delicious.
Video: 20 minute Honey Garlic Shrimp
You can also customize this recipe to your liking. Do you really love garlic? Then it’s easy to achieve by just adding more garlic. Love the sweetness of honey? Definitely add a bit more honey for sweetness if you like. This recipe only has a few ingredients, but each one adds great flavor and can easily be heightened. There are also many options for serving this delicious and tender honey garlic shrimp. The classic and probably most common is with white rice or with brown rice. But if you’re looking to expand your repertoire of grains, then definitely try couscous or quinoa. If you’re wanting something lighter, healthier and less carbs then definitely try this recipe for honey garlic shrimp in a big salad! Fresh crispy greens like spinach, lettuce or kale would be a fantastic salad base to make this a superb seafood salad.
How to Cook Honey Garlic Shrimp:
Sautee garlic in olive oil , then add raw shrimp
Cook Shrimp until pink and cooked through
Add sauce and cook until sauce thickens
Add cilantro or herbs and squeeze some lemon on top. Enjoy!
More seafood recipes here
You’ll love our healthy recipes here.
Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) corn starch
For the Shrimp
- 1 pound (455g) shrimp , peeled deveined
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- green onions &/or cilantro , chopped for garnish
- (optional) lemon wedges
- Make the sauce: In small bowl whisk together the honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce and corn starch until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the Shrimp: Heat pan on medium-high heat. Add oil, then garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant and translucent, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, usually about 3-5 minutes *see headnote.
- Stir sauce one more time to make sure corn starch dissolves and then add the sauce to the pan. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed, to taste.
- Garnish with green onions or cilantro. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over right before serving. Serve with rice, pasta, couscous or quinoa.