Air Fryer Crispy Garlic Roast Potatoes
We all love crispy roast potatoes in the air fryer! These potatoes are a game changer. They’re perfect as a side dish or a snack.
Best Air Fryer Roast Potatoes Recipe
First of all, the potatoes cook so crispy and perfectly in the air fryer. Second of all, they cook so much faster in the air fryer than a conventional oven. You don’t have to wait for a big oven to pre-heat! Just oil and season the potatoes, and cook in the air fryer. Before you know it, the potatoes are done and they turn out amazing! We’ve never had these crispy results so quick in the regular oven. Learning how to cook potatoes in the air fryer is the way to go!
Video: Crispy Air Fried Roasted Potatoes:
How to Make Roast Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Russet or Yukon gold potatoes (or any gold potato) tend to roast the best in the air fryer. They have a higher starch content and will crispy up on the outside while cooking soft and fluffy on the inside. You can use white or red potatoes too. They texture will be firmer, but the potatoes always end up crispy and delicious.
- Add little oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Try to keep the potatoes cut into small bite sized pieces for quicker and even cooking.
- After the first toss/shake you won’t see much color change.
- After the second toss/shake you’ll see it start to crisp. If you want it more crispy, then toss one more time or cook for a few more minutes.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Crispy Roast Potatoes
- 1 pound (454 g) potatoes , scrubbed and dried
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Oil for coating , or spray
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- Salt , to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Cut potatoes into small bite sized pieces. Add potatoes to bowl and coat with oil or cooking spray. Sprinkle garlic powder over potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes to air fryer basket or tray. Air Fry at 380°F for 20-25 minutes, shaking and tossing halfway through cooking. If needed, toss a third time to get all edges of potatoes evenly crisped. It's so good!
- Allow potatoes to cool and serve with your favorite dip or as a side dish.
More Easy Recipes —-> Our Best Air Fryer Recipes
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.