Grilled Chicken Wings with Sticky Asian Sauce
We’re obsessed with grilled chicken wings and our big collection of chicken wing recipes here proves it! There’s so many different ways to make bbq chicken wings. But grilling chicken wings is our favorite way to cook them. The smoky charred flavor is fantastic.
Best Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
Previously our air fried chicken wings was super popular and now we’re sharing our grilled bbq version! Grilled chicken wings are great for outdoor parties or tailgating. Actually, they are just great, period. In fact, if you’re tailgating or just chilling in the backyard, you need these in your life. The crispy wings have so much flavor from the grill, it’s hard to not each the whole batch.
For this recipe we’ve included a super easy sticky Asian glaze that’s finger licking good. It’s crazy to think how easy they are to make and even easier to devour. Make sure to grill up a double or triple batch because they’re that good. Everyone is going to devour these quicker than you realize! Cooking these is one of our absolute favorite way to cook chicken wings for Summer or game day. Actually for any day. It is the best way to cook chicken wings.
Video: Easy Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe:
How to Make Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe:
- For best texture, make sure to pat the chicken wings dry before grilling. That will help the skin get nice and crispy.
- Scrape the grill grates clean after the grill is heated but before you put on the wings. The grate will clean easier when hot and a clean grill grate will minimize sticking. We love this steam grill brush. It is like magic for cleaning the grates and ours has lasted years under heavy use.
- Rubbing a little oil on the grates will also help minimize sticking.
- If you make the sauce ahead of time, this recipe is so easy to make. A little bit of prep goes a long way. For parties or tailgating, just have all the sauce pre-made up to 3 days ahead.
- Once you make the sauce, you’re halfway there. Grill the wings before the party and then brush on the sauce. Then devour and enjoy these delicious wings!
- You can use any sauce you prefer for the grilled wings. We love this Sticky Asian glaze. But make them to your preference. Just salt & pepper, BBQ sauce, or any other favorite sauces. The sauces are best put on at the end so they don’t burn while grilling. When the wings are nearly done, brush on some sauce and then finish grilling for another minute or two for best flavor and texture.
- Here’s more ways on How to Cook Chicken Wings on our guide.
- All grilled chicken wings recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Easy 5-minute Sticky Asian Glaze
It’s always about the sauce and that’s why these wings are so amazing. Our sticky asian glaze takes 5 minutes to make. Yes, it’s that easy and when they’re cooked on the chicken wings, the flavor is fantastic. We love sauces and always want to create simple sauces that are versatile on so many different things. This sticky Asian glaze is also used our our grilled garlic meatballs that’s perfect for tailgating and outdoor grilling. Love honey mustard? Here’s our easy honey mustard chicken wings with the easiest honey mustard sauce that’s made in 5 minutes.
Grilled Chicken Wings with Sticky Asian Sauce
- 2 pounds (907 g) chicken wings , tips removed
- Salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Vegetable oil for brushing the grill grates
- Pat dry the chicken wings and season with salt & pepper.
- Make the sauce: Combine all of the sauce ingredients (ketchup, honey, soy sauce or fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, and rice vinegar). Set aside.
- Heat grill the grill on medium to medium-high heat or light and set the coals for direct heat grilling.
- When grill is hot, scrape the grill grates clean. Spray paper towel with generous amount of vegetable oil and wipe the grill grates with the oiled paper towel.
- Place chicken wings on the grill. Grill the wings, covered, flipping occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Brush chicken wings with the sticky asian glaze. Grill for another minute or two to caramelize the glaze onto the wings. Remove from grill and brush with a little extra sauce if desired. Top with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Information per Serving
More Easy Chicken Wing Recipes:
- Click Here for all our –> Easy Chicken Wing Recipes
- Spicy Garlic Buffalo chicken wings
- Air fryer chicken wings recipe with a crispy parmesan crust
- Grilled shrimp cocktail is amazing. The flavor is outstanding!
- You’ll love our –> Best Game Day Recipes
- Hope you enjoy these grilled chicken wings and share our obsession with these game day and tailgating appetizers. If you want more inspiration, here’s more great chicken wing recipes here.