Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Our roasted cauliflower steaks recipe really isn’t a “steak”. It’s a thick cut delicious slab of cauliflower roasted to perfection and is satisfying to eat that’s like a vegetable steak.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks Recipe
Sure, it’s not a meat steak but think of it as a veggie “steak”. The tender roasted texture and savory flavors are so satisfying, you won’t miss the meat. It’s a fantastic side dish to grilled meats or can be eaten alone as a vegetarian meal. If you’re a cauliflower fan then this recipe is perfect for you. It’s a quick weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Video: Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Tips for How to Roast Cauliflower Steaks
- You won’t get steaks out of the whole head of cauliflower. The most center part of the cauliflower will cut to still be attached as a steak. But that doesn’t mean the rest of the cauliflower is to waste. Just roast the remaining cut parts as smaller pieces.
- Make sure to cut the cauliflower slices into even thicknesses. That way the cauliflower can cook evenly and all at the same time.
- Customize your marinade with your favorite spices on the roasted cauliflower steaks
- We like our cauliflower extra charred, so we’ll cook it a little longer to get crispy edges. More flavor with crispy edges!
- Extra lemon zest on top of the cauliflower or extra drizzles of fresh lemon juice really take the flavors over-the-stop delicious.
Ways to serve this cauliflower
You can enjoy this cauliflower in different ways:
- Make a hearty cauliflower sandwich
- Serve this chopped up with some cucumber and veggies for a great chopped veggie salad
- This is great with brown rice, quinoa or couscous
- Add this chopped cauliflower to a bowl of your favorite pasta to replace meat.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 head (1 ) cauliflower (about 2 lbs.-910g) , sliced about 1/2” thick
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried thyme (or herbs of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) lemon pepper seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder or 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup (25 g) fresh grated parmesan cheese , or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) minced parsley or cilantro
- optional – red chili flakes , to taste
- Set the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Pre-heat oven at 400°F/205°C.
- Make the marinade: In bowl, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, dried herbs, lemon pepper/seasoning salt, garlic powder (or minced garlic), and onion powder. Whisk ingredients together.
- Lay cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet pan in a single layer. Brush the marinade on both sides of the cauliflower slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper on cauliflower steaks to taste.
- Roast at 400°F/205°C for 20 minutes, or until the bottom side is golden. Gently flip the cauliflower over and then continue roasting for 10-20 or until cooked to your liking.
- While the cauliflower is still hot, sprinkle the cheese on right away so the cheese can melt. Or you can place in the tray back in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with parsley or cilantro and optional red chili flakes. Enjoy!