Garlic Buffalo Wings
This garlic buffalo wings recipe is a reader favorite and perfect for game day or tailgating. Our homemade spicy garlic buffalo wing sauce is so good, you’ll want to make a double batch.
Spicy Garlic Buffalo Wings Sauce Recipe
Classic spicy chicken buffalo wings have a few simple ingredients and devoted wing aficionados rarely stray from the original spicy chicken wing concept.
But we’re here to break a few rules and toss in some fresh garlic because we love garlic and it’s nice to mix things up from time to time for this buffalo wing recipe. A nice fragrance of garlic adds a wonderful layer of extra flavor and will bring smiles to everyone’s faces, particularly to those who love garlic.
Video: Buffalo Wings Recipe
Don’t Burn the Garlic
As the minced garlic cooks in the melted butter, try to cook the garlic until it just begins to crisp up, but not burnt. No one likes burnt garlic taste, so be cautious. and experiment with more or less paprika for that pop of spice. This buffalo wings recipe can use any type of hot sauce, try variations with Franks Original hot sauce, tabasco sauce, sriracha hot sauce or maybe an Asian style chili garlic sauce. What ever you decide to you, these this buffalo wing recipe will be fantastic.
Make Ahead Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce
You can make the sauce ahead of time. If you like extra sauce, make sure to make a double batch because it’s that good! You can also use the sauce on other dishes like vegetables or chicken breast, thighs. Just warm it up and whisk it before serving to smooth out the sauce.
Garlic Buffalo Wings
- 2 pounds (907 g) Chicken Wings
- Vegetable Oil to coat wings
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup (57 g) Butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Soy Sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- Salt , to taste (for sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Franks Original Hot Sauce , Sriracha Hot Sauce or any hot sauce, to taste
- Parchment Paper optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pat dry chicken wings. If desired, cut wings into wingettes and drumette pieces. Lightly coat chicken wings with vegetable oil and then season wings with salt and pepper. Follow directions for baking or see note below for alternative cooking methods.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Flip halfway through cooking, or after about 25 minutes of cooking. (While the wings bake, make the sauce.)
Make the Spicy Garlic Sauce
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter, then add minced garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant and lightly browned, but not burnt, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, soy sauce/Worcestershire sauce, salt, smoked paprika and hot sauce to the garlic butter. Cook for about 2 minutes or until sauce is combined well. Remove from heat and set aside.
Crispy Wing Alternate Cooking MethodsTraditional Fry in Oil (uses about 1/2-3/4 cup of cornstarch to coat wings). Toss the wings in cornstarch to coat, shaking off excess cornstarch. Heat about 1-inch of oil in a large pot or skillet to 350-375°F (175-190°C). Fry in batches for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked through. Make sure to turn the wings while cooking so they cook evenly. Season with salt & pepper. Toss with the sauce. Air Fryer Chicken Wings Season wings with salt & pepper. (No Oil Needed). Place in air fryer basket/tray. (Don’t overcrowd the air fryer – cook in batches if needed.) Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 20 minutes. Flip the wings and air fry for another 5-10 minutes or until cooked through and to your liking. Toss with a little sauce, and then air fry for another 2-4 minutes. Toss with additional sauce if desired after air frying. Different models and sizes of air fryers cook quicker than others. Adjust times accordingly.
More Easy Recipes
- Can’t decide to fry or bake your buffalo wings? –> Here’s a discussion.
- More Chicken Wing Recipes
- Amazing — Maple Bacon Bourbon Chicken Wings Recipe
- Fabulous –> Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
- Cheesy –> Easy Queso Cheese Dip Recipe
- Devour our –> Best Game Day Recipes!
- BEST RECIPE–> AIR FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH NO OIL
- Air fryer Buffalo Wings with homemade buffalo sauce
- Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- This recipe was originally published in January 2013, this recipe is shared again in 2018 with a new video! Check out our Facebook page.