Best Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
If you’re obsessed with shrimp cocktail like we are, then you’re going to love this grilled version! The flavor of grilled shrimp are amazing and we think is way better than boiling the shrimp. The char and texture of grilled shrimp is awesome and when dipped in the cocktail sauce, the combination is outstanding! After serving grilled shrimp cocktail at parties, everyone agrees that it’s their favorite easy shrimp cocktail recipe method.
Video: Easy Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
Easy Grilled Shrimp Cocktail for Tailgating
Wow, this is so good and easy to make for tailgating. There’s no reason to not enjoy our grilled shrimp cocktail at your next tailgating gathering. Just prep the raw shrimp and cocktail sauce head of time. At your tailgating party, just grill the shrimp and serve it up with the cocktail sauce! It’s that easy and you just might want to make a double batch because it’s SO GOOD.
- 1 pound large raw shrimp , deveined and shells removed
- 1 teaspoon oil , to coat shrimp + extra for grill grates
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- fresh lemon slices
- 1 small cucumber , sliced (optional)
- fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Make the Shrimp Cocktail Sauce: In medium bowl, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, fresh lemon juice, celery seeds, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Stir until well combined then set aside.
- Grill the Shrimp: Heat grill the grill on medium-high heat or light and set the coals for direct heat grilling.
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Coat the shrimp with oil, and then season with salt and pepper.
- When grill is hot, scrape the grill grates clean. Spray paper towel with generous amount of vegetable oil and wipe the grill grates with the oil.
- Grill the shrimp for about 2-4 minutes per side, or until slightly charred, pink, and just cooked through.
- Serve with the cocktail sauce.