Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
You guys, you are going to be blown away at how delicious these air fried chicken wings are! Wow, our air fryer chicken wings recipe does not use any oil at all. The chicken wings have plenty of oil already and just enough to cook the crispy in the air fryer. It’s incredible how quick and easy air fried chicken wings are to make. The only real effort is seasoning the chicken wings with salt and pepper. Then press a few buttons on the air fryer and within minutes you have the best chicken wings ever.
Video: Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and quick recipe for Game Day or Super Bowl chicken wings, this is it! Once you have the chicken wings made in batches, you can add what ever sauce you like. In fact, you can totally be a chicken-wings-making-machine by having all your sauces ready. Before you know it, you’ll be cooking up batches and sauces them up. You might need two air fryers because you probably won’t be able to keep up at a Super bowl party. Everyone will be devouring these so fast, you can’t keep up.
How to Make Healthy Chicken Wings in Air Fryer:
Season wings with salt and pepper. Add wings to air fryer basket. Then Air Fry the chicken wings.
First Toss : Air Fry then toss and shake the chicken wings.
Second Toss : Shake and toss the chicken wings a second time
Third Toss : Add chicken wings to a bowl, and coat with your favorite sauce. Then air fry one last time for a few minutes.
Done! Finished and absolutely delicious! No oil and so much healthier.
Great Chicken Wing Sauce Recipes:
Try our awesome honey mustard sauce on the air fried wings
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes Here
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is great for cleaning up.
This NuWave model has a lower temperature capability, which can give you more cooking options for foods that need lower temperatures. The lower temperature feature might be great for proofing breads!
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
Plus, if you’re familiar with the Oster brand, they’re reliable and not too expensive.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Kosher salt , or sea salt, to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- garlic salt , optional
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings. Season with salt, pepper, and optional garlic salt.
- Air Fry at 400°F for 30 minutes, flipping about 3 times while cooking.
- If using a sauce, toss with a little sauce, then air fry for another 4 minutes (otherwise just cook the 30 minutes or until the chicken wings are golden).
- If using a sauce, toss with extra sauce after cooking or serve sauce on the side for dipping.
- No Oil Necessary.
- Shake several times for even cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd fryer basket.
- If using a sauce, it is added in just at the end, otherwise it will usually burn before the chicken wings are cooked.