These amazing grilled meatloaf burgers are for anyone who loves meatloaf and can’t get enough. So we created this burger recipe for obsessed folks like us. 🙂
Grilled Meatloaf Burgers
WOW. These meatloaf burgers or hamburgers are amazing. There’s no way to describe the flavorful, tender meatloaf patties grilled to perfection. The contrast of the crispy grilled edges & lines against the tender meatloaf patties is divine. You just have to make it yourself and understand how crazy good these burgers are. Based off our popular meatloaf recipe here, our idea to grill these is easy. We love our meatloaf sandwiches here and decided to grill the patties instead of cooking in the oven first. The flavors from the grill on the patties is outstanding! Goodness, these are so easy to inhale. So if you love your meatloaf, try gilling them into burger and you have an amazing Summer recipe. If you’re making these for friends, you’ll have to make a double batch because they’re that good! Everyone will want a second patty or double burger.
Video: Make This Recipe for Meatloaf Burgers
Stove Top Version
Sure, you can cook these burgers on the stove top and they’ll taste great. Just make sure to start wit a hot skillet with some oil on it. The hot heat will give these meatloaf patties a great crust. We just love grilled meatloaf burgers and the bbq flavor. But if you don’t have a grill then stove top is awesome too.
Grilled Meatloaf Burgers
FOR THE MEATLOAF:
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) ground beef , pork, chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup (54 g) bread crumbs or panko
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced onion , about 1/4 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 g) ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 g) ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) bbq sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) chipotle powder (optional, will make the sauce spicy)
- 6 Burger Buns , brioche style buns are great with the meatloaf patties
- Lettuce, Tomates, pickles, sliced onions, etc. , whatever you love on your burger
- If grilling, preheat grill (on high if you have that option). Scrape grill grates clean to minimize sticking.
- In a large bowl combine all the meatloaf ingredients (beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, salt, pepper, ketchup or tomato sauce, and milk). Cook a small piece of the meat at the point to taste for seasonings. If you want to add more salt/pepper, add it now before baking.
- Form the meat into 6 patties, they will be a little softer than traditional burger patties (we'll often use wax paper to help separate them later.)
- Make the sauce: combine all the sauce ingredients (ketchup, bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, smoked paprika, and chipotle) and pour over the top and top edges of the meatloaf.
- Lighly oil grill grates. Cook patties for about 3 minutes on the first side. Carefully flip the patties (they will be more tender than a traditional burger), and then coat the topside with sauce. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Toast the buns and serve with additonal sauce & your desired burger toppings.
Check out our–> Awesome Sandwich & Burger Recipes Here.
Here’s some great meatloaf recipe ideas for ya!