Super Easy Queso Dip in 15 minutes!
We’re obsessed with this easy queso dip recipe. It’s truly a no fail cheesy queso that will be the hit of any party. In fact, it’s the perfect party queso dip for game day and cinco de Mayo.
Easy Queso Dip Recipe
The best part about our queso is that you can customize your flavors to your preferred liking. Love spicy appetizers with a little kick of heat? It’s easy peasy by adding a little extra cayenne or chipotle powder. If you don’t like your queso spicy but still flavorful, just add less cayenne and more chili powder. Your next game day gathering, tailgating party or Cico de Mayo festivities will be more delicious wit this creamy cheesy dip.
Video: Best Queso Dip Recipe
How to Make Queso from Hardening
Wonder how to keep queso dip from getting hard? The answer is simple: using a can of evaporated milk will keep the Queso creamy for a while. The dip will still be flavorful and delicious without turning to back into a brick of cheese too quick. If this Queso recipe sits out for too long it will start to thicken. But just melt it again in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes and it’ll be back to smooth and creamy. Make sure to add a great bag of crispy tortilla chips and you’re ready to party! More recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Homemade Queso Cheese Dip
If the dip is a little thicker than you prefer after melting the cheese (different brands and types will vary after melting), whisk in a little regular milk to thin to your desired texture. You can also use more evaporated milk, but we prefer not to have to open another can for such a small amount.
- 8 oz. (227 g) cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , or more to taste
- 12 oz (340 g) evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) whole milk , approximately if needed to thin the cheese sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chipotle or cayenne powder (optional for spicy)
- sliced green onion for topping (optional)
- tortilla chips , for serving
- In a bowl, toss together the shredded cheese, corn starch, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Make sure everything is combined well.
- In a saucepan, add the evaporated milk and cook over medium heat until it reaches a low simmer. Add cheese mixture and whisk until cheese sauce is melted and smooth.
- If sauce is too thick, whisk in the whole milk until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste the sauce and add additional seasonings and/or optional chipotle or cayenne to your preferred taste. Top with the optional green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips, on french fries, or with whatever you can imagine this delicous cheese going well with.
this recipe was originally published in 2020 and re-published in 2021.
Check Out all Our– Easy Dip Recipes
You’ll love our Game Day & Tailgating Recipes!
Here’s more great Game Day Dip Recipes to Explore!
We know you’ll love this recipe! If you make it, please share the photo with us on our Social Media Facebook and Instagram pages. We’d love to see your delicious creations and share it with our community. Thank yo so much Friends and happy cooking to you and your family.