Beef Nacho Cheese Dip
There’s so many occasions for a cheesy beef dip, especially when it comes to parties, game days and holidays. Our beef nacho cheese dip is the ultimate party dip recipe when you want to serve great taco, nacho and Mexican flavors all rolled into one cheesy bite.
Best Nacho Cheese Dip
You can even get creative with this nacho cheese dip and make it into a Jack-o-Lantern for Halloween! Loaded with great spices, cheese and beef, this dip is always a crowd pleaser at any party. So much of the flavor comes from sautéing the beef and onions to bring out all the great flavor.
Video: Beef Nacho Cheese Dip Recipe:
Customize the flavors and spices
Yes you can totally customize the flavors to your personal preference. It’s one of those cheesy dips that everyone gravitates to and it’s hard make just one serving if you’re at a big party. This is the dip everyone goes to for seconds!
- Adjust the amount of heat/spicyness of the dip to your preferred levels. Add a few tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce to add a kick of spice to your dip. Or add some fresh chopped jalapeños on top of the dip.
- We love adding some sharp cheddar cheese for an extra bite of cheddar flavor.
- Some smoked gouda or a few drops of liquid smoke gives a great smoky flavor to the dip.
- Add a few of your favorite crunchy dippers like tortilla chips or crackers.
- You can always make it a little “healthier” by adding some raw veggies for dipping like carrots, celery and bell pepper strips. Always remember to add beer to help wash it all down with because this dip pairs perfectly with beer!
- If you want to replace the beef for a healthier meat option like ground turkey, the result are still delicious.
Beef Nacho Cheese Dip
- 1/2 pound (227 g) lean ground beef (it’ll be less greasy than regular beef)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 4 green onions , chopped
- 7 ounces (198 g) diced green chili (1 small can)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) paprika
- 1 jalapeño , minced (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- 1 cup (224 g) mayonnaise
- 8 ounces (227 g) cream cheese (1 package)
- 8 ounces (227 g) shredded cheddar cheese , divided
Serve with pretzels, chips, crackers or raw veggies
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Reserve and set aside about 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, which is for the topping. Remaining cheese is for the dip.
- Heat pan on medium high, add oil and cook beef until brown. Add green onions, green chili, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, jalapeño, and salt. Cook for about 1 minute until combined.
- Add mayo, cream cheese, salt and remainder of the cheddar cheese. Turn heat to low. Stir for about 2 minutes or until cheeses completely melted. Use paper towels to blot any excess grease released from the beef.
- Transfer dip to a round 8 inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top layer of cheese is melted and dip is bubbly. Let the dip cool a bit before you dive-in. Serve with pretzels, chips, crackers or raw veggies.
Click here for more–> Easy Dip Recipes for your ultimate party gathering.
More Easy Recipes
- Baked Parmesan Onion Dip Recipe
- Fabulous –> Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
- Easy Amazing –> Easy Queso Cheese Dip Recipe
- Devour our –> Best Game Day Recipes!
- Here’s all our–> Awesome Chicken Wing Recipes
- Love Nacho cheese? Here’s one for ya! If you make this beef nacho cheese dip recipe please share your photo with us on social media! We’d love to see your creations. Or leave your comment below and let us know what you think. Thanks so much and happy cooking to you! This recipe was originally published in 2016.