Microwave Sausage and Eggs
Our Microwave sausage and eggs recipe is a great power breakfast that’s quick and easy. It’ll be part of your morning routine, promise.
Microwave Sausage and Eggs Recipe
Ok, so it might sound odd to be microwaving sausage and eggs together. But don’t judge until you try it. It’s amazing how quick and easy cooking these in the microwave is. Best of all, the flavor and texture is amazing too! Sausage cooks juicy and moist in the microwave. The eggs can be cooked to your liking and favorite texture. Just add additional microwaving time of 15 second increments and breakfast is served! It literally takes about less than 4 minutes for a keto protein breakfast. It takes away all the morning work and fuss of having to wash extra dishes.
Video Making Sausage and Eggs in the Microwave
How to Microwave Sausage and Eggs KETO Breakfast
- Make sure to have your raw sausage crumbled into small pieces, NOT In one big chunk. The crumbled or flattened sausage will cook quicker. There’s so many different types of breakfast sausage or you can also you bulk uncooked Italian sausage.
- Add your egg or eggs and cook on our base timing. Add additional 15 second increments to cook the eggs to your preferred timing.
- Cover the bowl so you don’t have splattering sausage oil or egg all over your microwave.
- You can also use pre-cooked kielbasa sausage. Just cut the sausage into slices and heat the kielbasa sausage for about 30 seconds or more, depending on how thick you cut it. Then the oil that’s released will help the eggs cook.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Microwave Sausage and Egg Breakfast
- 2-3 ounces (57-85 g) uncooked bulk breakfast sausage meat (2-3 Tablespoons), or uncooked sausage of choice
- 2 eggs
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) grated cheese
- Place the sausage in the microwave safe bowl and break up into small chunks.
- Cover with a microwave safe lid or plate. Microwave on High for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Push the sausage to the sides of the bowl. Crack the eggs and place into the well between the sausage. Pierce the egg yolks with the tip of a pointy knife to prevent the them from potentially popping when microwaving. Season with salt & pepper if desired.
- Cover and Microwave on High for 1 minute, or until the whites are set. If needed continue microwaving in 15-30 second intervals until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top. Cover for about 1 minute or microwave uncovered for about 15 seconds to melt the cheese.
- 600-800w – Lower Wattage Microwaves: More time often needed
- 900-1100w – Average Wattage Microwaves
- 1200-1300w – High Wattage Microwaves: Less time often needed
- Microwave safe glass (particularly borosilicate glass) & ceramic containers are the recommended choice. *Do not use cracked or otherwise damaged containers.
- Microwave safe plastic containers are considered safe by the FDA but many health organizations caution against using them.
- Never use plastics (containers, bags, wrap, etc.) that are not labeled microwave safe. Never use styrofoam, metal, or aluminum foil.
- Lids – microwave safe glass, ceramic or silicone is best. A microwave safe plate works great as a lid. Parchment paper, wax paper, or paper towels work fine, but may not hold the steam in as much (many recipes benefits from the steam retention). Microwave safe plastic lids are considered acceptable. Usually we prefer to use a lid from glass, ceramic, or silicone and just use the microwave safe plastic lids that come with the containers for storing.
More Microwave Recipes: It’s super easy to learn how to cook fresh and wholesome meals in the microwave. It’s not just for reheating and this appliance definitely needs more credit for cooking real food in minutes. Love to learn more about our microwave recipes using fresh ingredients? Check out all our recipes in the microwave for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.