Our collection of easy cheese ball appetizers is always growing and this one is a fantastic sun dried tomato cheese ball. There’s so much flavor and texture to this little round of tastiness. It’s hard to not make a couple balls to give as gifts too. Why do we love cheese balls so much? It’s because they’re so easy to make and the possibilities are endless. You can make them ahead of time up to about 2 days and they taste great! All you need to do is to pull them out of the fridge. Let the come to room temperature and serve with crackers, chips or veggies.
The flavors come through really well and you don’t have to deal with oven, cooktop or any other cooking appliances. We’ve had platters of different assortments of cheese ball flavors. All the colors and textures of the outside nuts makes for a beautiful display! So when you’re looking for a great cheese appetizer that’s easy to transport, make and share, make cheese balls! Click here for all our –> Cheese Ball Recipes
Video: Best Sun Dried Tomato Cheese Ball:
More Awesome Cheese Ball Recipes
Click here for all our –>Appetizer Dip Recipes and Delicious Cheese Ball Recipes
Sun Dried Tomato Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces (227 g) Cream Cheese , softened (1 package)
- 4 ounces (113 g) Goat Cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Sun-dried Tomatoes , drained & minced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Onion Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) toasted Pine nuts
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chopped Pecans (or other preferred nut)
- Basil sprigs (for garnish)
- In bowl, combine cream cheese and goat cheese until well combined.
- Add 3/4 of the sun dried tomatoes, basil, garlic salt, onion salt, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Stir the mixture until everything is combined.
- Lay plastic wrap on surface and transfer cheese mixture on top. Form the cheese mixture into a rough ball and wrap into the plastic wrap. Shape into a smoother ball and chill until firm.
- Combine the pine nuts, pecans, and remaining minced sun dried tomatoes. Roll the cheese ball in the nut/sun-dried tomato mixture. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. Garnish with basil when ready to serve. The cheese ball tastes better the next day after all the flavors are combined.
Here’s more awesome cheese ball recipes to enjoy.