Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
Our popular cheddar bacon cheese ball was such a hit with our test kitchen team that we wanted to make a jalapeno bacon cheese ball version that had more spice and heat for our daring eaters. You can add as much jalapeño as you like to customize your preferred level of spicyness.
Jalapeno Bacon cheese ball
There’s many options you can use for this jalapeño cheddar cheese ball recipe. From extra chopped pickled jalapeño to fresh chopped jalapeño to extra dashes of your favorite hot sauce, the level of heat and spice is unlimited. If you love sriracha hot sauce, you can totally add a few dashes or big squirts into the cheese before you shape the cheese into a ball. The flavors of the sriracha will really come through along with a great orange color to the cheese.
Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball Video to Drool Over!
This jalapeño bacon cheese ball appetizer platter is great for game day parties, cinco de mayo or any occasion you need a fabulous and easy cheese appetizer. Just add some awesome tortilla chips, pita chips, potato chips or veggies. Just remember to serve some ice cold beers and margaritas because jalapeño and cheddar pair perfectly with these flavors! Enjoy more game day recipes here and holiday recipes here. Hope you enjoy this jalapeno bacon cheese ball.
This recipe was originally published in 2015 and re-published in 2020. If you made this recipe please share with us in the comments below. Or if you have a photo, tag us on social media #bestrecipeobox. We’d love to share your delicious creations with our food community! Thanks so much, Friends and happy cooking and eating! And thanks for being a part of our community.
Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces (227 g) Cream Cheese , softened (1 package)
- 1/2 cup (57 g) Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) pickled Jalapeños , (or to taste) drained and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Onion Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Chile Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Green Onions , sliced thin (divided in half)
- 2 slices cooked, crispy Bacon , cut into very small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) roasted Pepitas or Nuts (pecans, almond, walnuts etc…)
- Fresh slices of Jalapeño or cilantro sprigs , optional garnishing
- Serve with chips , pretzels, veggies or crackers.
- In bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Microwave cheeses for about 30 seconds (depending on microwave) or just until the they are soft and cheddar is slightly melted. Stir to combine.
- Add the pickled jalapeños, garlic salt, onion salt, chile powder, cumin, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and 1/2 of the green onions. Stir the mixture until everything is combined. Chill in fridge for 5 minutes if necessary so you can form into a ball.
- Lay plastic wrap on surface and transfer cheese mixture on top. Wrap the plastic wrap around cheese mixture and shape the mixture into a ball. Chill until the cheese ball is firm.
- Combine the bacon bits, pepitas or nuts and remaining green onions in a plate. Roll the chilled cheese ball in the bacon/nuts mixture. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. The cheese ball tastes better the next day after all the flavors are combined.Garnish with jalapeño or cilantro. Serve with chips, pretzels, veggies or crackers.
Great Parties have an awesome Cheese Ball
- Cranberry Blue Cheese Ball
- Sun Dried Tomato Cheese Ball
- Holiday Pinecone Cheese Ball Recipe
- More of our amazing –> Dip Recipes Here
Here’s more great bacon recipes for you.