Air Fried Stuffed Mushrooms
Easy Air Fried Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Here’s another fantastic appetizer recipe for your air fryer! These air fried stuffed mushrooms are super delicious and crazy easy to make. You literally can whip this up so fast that it’ll be one of the easiest appetizers you’ll ever make. Cooking stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer creates such a crispy cheese top and juicy mushroom. If your guess love stuffed mushrooms then we suggest making at least a double batch because they’ll inhale these! Best part about this recipe is that they’re so easy to devour and make.
Can You Make Ahead Stuffed Mushrooms?
Yes! Just prep the filling and stuff the mushrooms ahead of time. You can do this up to one day ahead. When you’re ready to air fry them, take them out about 1 hour before cooking so that the filling can come to room temperature. Then spray the sides of the mushrooms again before air frying. The hot air fryer circulating air cooks these stuffed mushrooms really quick. So you want to make sure the filling itsn’t too cold and make sure it cooked all the way through.
How to Cook Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Sizes of mushrooms vary so much so you’ll have to adjust cooking times slightly. Air fry at the minimum time that we suggest then keep checking to see if they’re cooked through. Add more time if needed for the air fried mushrooms.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
All air fryers are different and some cook much hotter than others. Once you cook your first batch, you’ll know more of what works for your model of air fryer and size of food. These recipes were tested on basket style air fryers.
- 8 oz. (226 g) button mushrooms , stems removed
- 4 oz. (113 g) cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt , or more to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup (56 g) grated cheese , for topping
- minced parsley (optional)
- Oil spray
- Chop mushrooms stems and set aside. Spray tops of mushrooms liberally with olive oil spray. If you don't spray the tops of mushrooms enough, they might dry out during air frying.
- In bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix cheese until all spices are combined. Fold in the chopped mushroom stems.
- Stuff the cavity of mushroom tops with the cheese mixture. Place the mushrooms in the air fryer basket (only place the mushroom a single layer - if needed cook in multiple batches).
- Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of the mushrooms.
- Top the stuffed mushrooms with grated cheese and Air Fry for another 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Let the mushrooms cool. Top with minced parsley and serve.
- Make ahead: Prep the filling and stuff the mushrooms ahead of time. You can do this up to one day ahead. When you're ready to air fry them, take them out about 1 hour before cooking so that the filling can come to room temperature. Then spray the sides of the mushrooms again before air frying. The hot air fryer circulating air cooks these stuffed mushrooms really quick. So you want to make sure the filling itsn't too cold and make sure it cooked all the way through.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated. Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer.
- Recipes were tested in 3.4 to 6 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
Check out more of our–> Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes Here
Here’s a great homemade sriracha hot sauce recipe.