Greatest Cheesy Dip Ever-Baked Parmesan Onion Dip
This Hot Onion Dip is our go-to appetizer for parties, game day and holidays. Never is there an appetizer table spread without a cheesy onion dip baked warm and gooey.
Baked Parmesan Onion Dip
No matter what type of dips and appetizers we bring to a potluck or make for our own parties, it’s always the hot cheesy dips that get all the attention. The hot dips are always the ones to go first and this baked parmesan onion dip is no exception. It’s a killer amazing cheese dip with wonderful flavors from sweet onions. You can definitely use regular onions, but have you tried cooking with sweet onions? The flavor and aroma are outstanding and when baked in the hot bubbly cheese for an hour, you’ll really be able to taste the difference. With the addition of parmesan cheese, the earthy flavors of this aged cheese makes this cheese dip extra special.
Dreamy drooling hot baked parmesan onion dip video!
What to Serve with Baked Onion Dip
Our baked parmesan onion dip is great with crackers or grilled bread. But over the years we’ve found that some of our guests enjoy this dip more with thick slices of cucumber! Not only is it a lower carb version to enjoy this dip, you don’t get all the starch from the bread or crackers. The slices of cucumber act as a veggie “cracker” and it’s actually super fresh and refreshing to eat this rich cheesy dip on a veggie. It’s fabulous and has become one of our favorite ways to serve this dip. Best of all, it’s appreciate by all our celiac, gluten free and low carb friends. Enjoy a great selection of dip recipes here.
Baked Parmesan Onion Dip
- 8 ounces (227 g) Cream Cheese , at room temperature (1 package)
- 1 cup (225 g) Mayonnaise (preferably Best Foods/Hellmans brand)
- 1 cup (100 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not the powdered cheese stuff in the green containers)
- 1 medium Onion , diced (try sweet onion, it’ll taste better!)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Black Pepper , freshly cracked if possible
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan, onion, black pepper and garlic powder until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 6-inch (15-cm) baking dish or any oven-safe dish. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until everything is melted together and the top crust is brown and almost burnt-looking. The darker brown the crust becomes, the better the flavors are.
- Serve with your favorite crusty bread, crackers, slices of tomatoes, or crunchy vegetables such as radishes, jicama, carrots, and celery.
Nutrition Information per Serving
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2020 with updated video.More of our amazing –> Dip Recipes Here