Easy Beef and Broccoli recipe
Hi Friends! This recipe is perfect if you love Asian food, especially beef and broccoli. This Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is flavorful and fresh with plenty of fresh broccoli.
It’s an easy variation of the classic Chinese beef and broccoli recipe to that’s perfect for weeknights or when you have broccoli and beef left in the fridge. What makes this broccoli and beef recipe easy is that it only really takes less than 30 minutes . It’s also the perfect easy Asian recipe if you’re looking to cook a dinner with an Asian theme. Kids LOVE this recipe and all you need to make it a complete meal is to add it to some healthy pineapple fried rice or steamed rice and you have the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
Video: Easy Beef and Broccoli Recipe:
Restaurant Style Chinese Beef and Broccoli Recipe
If you want to make it healthier, you can certainly make a salad out of it by tossing it with some fresh lettuce. What ever you decide, this easy beef and broccoli stir fry recipe will remain a family favorite. For more flavor, add additional garlic or ginger. The ingredients that are listed below can be flexible and changed to your liking. It’s fun to experiment with sauces and spices when cooking with Asian style stir fry recipes. Give this recipe a try and let us know in the comments! You will be surprised at truly how simple this recipe is. And if you’re craving another great Asian recipe, this egg roll stir fry is brilliant and fantastic!
More–> Asian Recipes
Click Here for More—> Healthy Recipes
This recipe was originally published in September 2013 and re-published with updates in 2019. Thanks!
Easy Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
For the sauce, you can substitute more oyster sauce or hoisin sauce for the other one (use 1/4 cup of hoisin or oyster sauce instead of 2 Tablespoons for each one).
- 1 pound (454 g) beef sirloin , top round, chuck steak, or flank steak, sliced thin for a tender bite
- 1 pound (454 g) broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil , divided
- 1 (1 ) small onion , diced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1 inch (1 inch) knob of fresh ginger , minced
- Make the sauce: in medium bowl whisk together the water and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk in the remaining all sauce ingredients (soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seed oil). Set aside.
- Heat a large sauce pan on medium high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until soft and translucent. Add broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender, stirring constantly (if you like your broccoli soft, add about 1/4 cup of water to the broccoli while it cooks - it should be absorbed and evaporated off by the time the broccoli is soft). Remove all ingredients from pan.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil to pan. Heat pan to high heat. Add beef and sear until cooked through. Add broccoli back into the pan with the beef and stir.
- Stir the sauce one more time to make sure the cornstarch is incorporated, then pour the sauce over the beef and broccoli. Heat the sauce to a strong simmer. Cook for about 1-2 minutes to thicken the sauce, stirring occasionally to make sure all beef and broccoli is coated with sauce.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles.