Gosh guys, this recipe is perfect if you love Asian food, especially beef and broccoli. This Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is flavorful and fresh with plenty of fresh broccoli. It’s an easy variation of the classic Chinese beef and broccoli recipe to that’s perfect for weeknights or when you have broccoli and beef left in the fridge. What makes this broccoli and beef recipe easy is that it only really takes less than 30 minutes . It’s also the perfect easy Asian recipe if you’re looking to cook a dinner with an Asian theme.
Kids LOVE this recipe and all you need to make it a complete meal is to add it to some healthy pineapple fried rice or steamed rice and you have the perfect easy weeknight dinner. If you want to make it healthier, you can certainly make a salad out of it by tossing it with some fresh lettuce. What ever you decide, this easy beef and broccoli stir fry recipe will remain a family favorite.
For more flavor, add additional garlic or ginger. The ingredients that are listed below can be flexible and changed to your liking. It’s fun to experiment with sauces and spices when cooking with Asian style stir fry recipes.
Here’s our quick video showing how to make the beef and broccoli stir fry:
Cook onions, garlic, fresh ginger and beef
add healthy broccoli florets
Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Yield: Serves 4
Total Time: 15 min
Please read blog post for more recipe details
- 1 pound sirloin, top round or flank steak, sliced very thin for a tender bite
- 1 pound broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1" knob of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- First, make the marinade: in medium bowl combine fish sauce/soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and oyster sauce. Stir till all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Heat a large sauce pan on medium high heat. Add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook till soft and translucent.
- Add beef and sear till they are brown on both sides. Add broccoli and the marinade that you previously mixed.
- Stir to combine ingredients evenly and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles.