Readers love our healthy and low fat chicken broccoli stir fry. It’s one of our top 10 recipes because it’s also a paleo and keto chicken recipe.
Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Eating healthy chicken recipes doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. We focus on developing satisfying chicken recipes that are low fat and healthy but still with great taste. This chicken broccoli stir fry recipe has all those elements and it’s versatility is up to your imagination too. Loaded with fresh broccoli, healthy boneless skinless chicken breast, fresh garlic, ginger and a touch of hot sauce, this chicken broccoli stir fry recipe is quick and easy for those weeknights where you need a quick and healthy dinner.
Watch the video: Healthy Paleo and Keto Chicken Breast and Broccoli Stir Fry:
Best paleo and keto friendly chicken broccoli stir fry recipe
You can eat it alone for a low carb chicken dinner, or add it to brown rice and whole grains such as quinoa, couscous and other favorite grains for a more substantial meal. Another option for this easy chicken broccoli stir fry recipe is to add it to some light stock for a chicken and broccoli soup. This would be another idea for a keto chicken recipe dinner. You can even make healthy chicken tacos or burrito wrap for a light and low carb dinner. Be creative and hopefully this chicken breast recipe will give you a starting point for endless options!
Cooking tool note! Since we’ve been cooking on ceramic pans (which are awesome!), we’ve been able to cook with less oil and our healthy dishes just get healthier. You can read about our love of ceramic pans here on this blog post.
Vegetables cooked on ceramic pans just got healthier without trying! Less oil, but still great flavor and texture. These are the Green Pan ceramic pans.
Cooking fish, vegetables and eggs are fantastic on ceramic Green Pans because less oil is needed and these pans are so much easier to clean.
Read post for more recipe details and information. This can also be served with rice or noodles. This is a very simple and clean tasting stir fry. If you want it saucier, just add some extra hoisin or oyster sauce.
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 medium onion , minced
- 2 large cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) fresh minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) low sodium soy sauce, or to taste (use Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) rice vinegar (use distilled white vinegar for Gluten Free)
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 pound (113g) broccoli, cut into small florets
- Heat large pan, then add oil.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook till translucent. Add chicken and minced ginger. Cook for about 1 minutes till slightly brown.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and hot sauce. Continue cooking till chicken is completely cooked.
- Add broccoli and stir in about 1-2 additional Tablespoons of water.
- Cover pan and allow broccoli to steam in pot till tender. About 1 minute.
- Serve warm.