Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli is a household favorite for everyone in the family. This is the perfect one-pot chicken recipe with a homemade creamy garlic sauce when you’re in need of something delicious, satisfying and easy for a weeknight dinner. Add your choice of pasta or rice to soak up all the delicious creamy garlic sauce.
Why Families Love Creamy Garlic Chicken
This chicken recipe is truly simple and can cooked in one pot. It takes just a few ingredients to get dinner for the family because it’s loaded with protein and vegetables. The healthy broccoli adds a wonderful crunch and vegetable to this garlic chicken. Other vegetable options you can add to this chicken recipe is spinach, potatoes, squash and zucchini. The vegetable possibilities are endless and so are the starches that you can serve with the creamy garlic sauce. Rice and pasta are always the go-to starches, but you can also try quinoa, couscous and wild rice. Crusty bread is also another great option to dip into the sauce and soak it all up.
Video: Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe with Broccoli:
You can make the vegetables as soft or crunchy as you like. If you want the vegetables softer with this creamy garlic chicken, add it when you add the chicken back into the pot. If you want more al-dente vegetables, then add it in later and time it so that it cooks to your preferred texture after the chicken is finished. Hope you enjoy this creamy garlic sauce. It’s divine!
How to Make Creamy Garlic Sauce
This is the creamy garlic sauce that can be used for so many dishes outside of this skillet chicken with broccoli. Our recipe for creamy garlic sauce is below and it really only takes a few ingredients to have a pot of sauce that is perfect for pasta, rice and other proteins. Instead of using fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder or granulated garlic for an extra concentrated flavor of garlic. Hope you enjoy this creamy garlic chicken for your family!
Favorite Kitchen Tools:
Good tools make life in the kitchen all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
OXO non stick w/ lid – Repeated rates as one of the top non-stick pans. Browns nicely for a non-stick.
Wusthof Ikon Chef Knife – Our most used and loved knife in the kitchen.
Aroma Rice Cooker. It’s so nice to have a rice cooker in the kitchen. Fill it, start it, and forget about it.
We used chicken breast for the recipe, but it can easily be made with chicken thighs or legs. If you like more sauce, add an extra can of condensed cream of chicken soup and additional 3/4 cup of water. You'll have double the sauce! Make sure to season more with salt and pepper.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4-5 cloves garlic , minced
- 10.5 ounces (1 can) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup , or more if needed
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- lemon wedges , optional
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt half the butter (2 tablespoons). Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is browned. Remove chicken from pan, cover and keep warm.
- In same pan melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add the garlic and cook until garlic is lightly brown and fragrant. Whisk in the condensed cream of chicken soup and water. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly, then turn heat down to low.
Add chicken and broccoli back into the pan cover the pan with a lid and cook for about another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If you want more firm or al-dente broccoli, add the broccoli after the chicken is almost cooked so that the broccoli is more crunchy.
- Serve with rice or pasta and wedges of lemon. Garnish with chopped parsley.