No Bake Creamy Cranberry Pie
This delicious no-bake cranberry pie has all the festive flavors of the holidays and a gorgeous color that is stunning for everyone to see and enjoy. It’s a refreshing alternative to the really sweet and rich holiday pies. It’s the fresh tart flavors of the fresh cranberries from the homemade cranberry sauce that makes our pie so delicious. And you get to free up the oven for other holiday recipe needs.
We love holiday pies and it’s this time of year that we’re enjoying multiple pies a week because we’re that obsessed! There’s times when you need a pie that doesn’t require oven because if you’ve got your roast and potatoes in the oven, it leaves little room for pies. So that’s why no bake pie recipes are fantastic. This no bake creamy cranberry pie doesn’t have to compete for oven space AND it’s super easy holiday pie to make. All it takes is a few minutes (especially if you’re using a ready made pie crust) and overnight chilling. This cranberry pie recipe is creamy, delicious and loaded with flavor.
Video: Creamy No Bake Cranberry Pie Recipe
Such an Easy Cranberry Pie Recipe
The cranberry sauce is the major component to the color and flavor of this pie. It depends on what cranberry sauce that you use. If you make homemade cranberry sauce like we did, the fresh/or frozen cranberries have so much color and bright flavor. You can totally adjust the sweetness level of your cranberry sauce if you make it homemade. If you’re using the canned cranberry sauce, the color is going to be much more muted so you might want to pump up the color with a few crops of red food coloring.
Finally, the canned flavor isn’t as tart as the fresh sauce. And if you love cranberry desserts, you have to check out this amazing cranberry salad recipe!
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2020 with an updated video!
No-Bake Creamy Cranberry Pie
no-bake graham cracker crust ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups (126 g) graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers worth)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.62 ml) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (113.5 g) unsalted butter , melted (1 stick)
Creamy cranberry pie filling ingredients
- 12 ounces (340 g) cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 14 ounce (397 g) whole cranberry sauce or about 1 1/2 cups fresh homemade *see Note 1
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- zest of 1 medium orange
- 8 ounces (227 g) whipped topping (about 3 cups) *see Note 2
- optional - a few drops of red food coloring to achieve deeper pink color
- optional - orange zest or curls for garnish or a few frozen cranberries for garnish (rolled in sugar)
- If you're using a ready-made pie crust, skip this part. Make the pie crust: Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix in the melted butter until evenly combined. Press the crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan into an even layer. Press well to compact the crust. Set aside.
- Make the cranberry pie filling: In large bowl, beat together the sugar and cream cheese until well combined and smooth. Stir in the cranberry sauce, vanilla, and orange zest until smooth.Add the whipped topping and enough food coloring to achieve your desired pink color (optional). Continue to gently fold the entire mixture until well combined.
- Gently pour the cranberry pie filling into pie pan prepared with the graham cracker crust. Chill the pie for about 6 hours or overnight, until firm.Garnish with orange zest, orange peel curls and/or sugared frozen cranberries.
Other Great Holiday Recipes:
- Easy Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Blue Cheese Ball
- Easy Amazing Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Easy Buttery, Flaky Pie Dough Recipe