Beef and Cauliflower Stir Fry Recipe
Our beef and cauliflower stir fry recipe is a great alternative to our popular beef and broccoli stir fry. Stir frying cauliflower with the beef with our same great easy sauce is super delicious, especially if you love this great veggie. We love cooking different vegetables in different ways with the classic Chinese beef stir fry. You can add chicken or pork as well to have different options. The flavors are fantastic and it’s a easy skillet recipe with a popular take-out dish. Make it homemade and it’ll be your go-to quick and easy dinner meal.
Video: Low Carb Beef and Cauliflower
How to Cook Cauliflower and Beef Stir Fry Recipe
There’s so many possibilities to this quick skillet sit fry recipe. We use fresh cauliflower because the flavor is fantastic. Make sure the cauliflower is cut to the same size for even cooking. But you can use frozen cauliflower as well, it just doesn’t take as long to cook. Also if you use frozen cauliflower, the stir fry will be a little more watery. All recipe details are in the recipe box below. Enjoy!
Beef & Cauliflower Stir Fry
- 1 pound (454 g) beef sirloin, top round, chuck steak, or flank steak, sliced thin for a tender bite
- 1 pound (454 g) cauliflower florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil , divided
- 1/2 (1/2 ) onion , diced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 3 (3 ) green onions , sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 inch (1 inch) knob of fresh ginger , minced (optional)
- Make the sauce: Whisk together the water and cornstarch in a bowl until smooth. Whisk in the remaining sauce ingredients (soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seed oil). Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat to medium high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until soft and translucent. Add the cauliflower florets and cook until tender, stirring constantly (this is where you should add the water if you want softer cauliflower). When cauliflower is cooked, remove all ingredients from pan.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil to pan. Heat pan to high heat. Add beef and sear until cooked through. Add cauliflower back into the pan with the beef and stir.
- Stir in the green onion slices. Stir the sauce one more time to make sure the cornstarch is incorporated, then pour the sauce over the beef and cauliflower. Heat the sauce to a strong simmer. Cook for about 1-2 minutes to thicken the sauce, stirring occasionally to make sure all beef and cauliflower is coated with sauce. Serve it warm over rice, pasta or noodles (optional).
Our popular –> Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Here’s more cauliflower recipe ideas to enjoy!