Here’s all our —-> BEST AIR FRYER RECIPES
Healthy Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Here’s a great healthy air fryer recipe with chicken and broccoli for ya! It’s a delicious and easy “stir fry” in the air fryer. Though it’s not like a traditional Asian stir fry, this air fryer chicken and broccoli recipe is equally delicious. Most importantly, it’s so much healthier because it uses much less oil. The convection heat from the air fryer really crisps up the chicken and broccoli nicely. Add the chicken and broccoli to a bowl of quinoa or brown rice and you have an instant chicken and rice bowl for dinner or lunch!
Watch the Video: Easy Air Fried Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
How to Cook Air Fried Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
This is such an easy and healthy recipe! The healthy chicken breast, broccoli and light oil marinade is perfect for a low carb dinner. If you want, you can replace or add extra veggies to make it even more healthier. Cauliflower, zucchini and carrots are some great options to make this air fried recipe more veggie-centric. Check out the step-by-step photos below. And all the recipe details are in the recipe box below too. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Garlic Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 pound (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 pound (227 g) broccoli , cut into small florets (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 (1/2 ) onion , sliced
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- serve with lemon wedges
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce , or to taste (use Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) rice vinegar (use distilled white vinegar for Gluten Free)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) hot sauce (optional)
- Make the Marinade: In a large bowl whisk together the oil, garlic or garlic powder, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, and optional hot sauce.
- Add the chicken pieces, broccoli and onion slices into the bowl with the marinade. Toss ingredients together to evenly coat with the marinade. Make sure to mix well so the chicken and vegetables can absorb the marinade. There shouldn’t be much of the sauce left in the bottom of the bowl.
- Place the marinated chicken & veggies into the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 16-20 minutes, shaking and gently tossing a couple times while cooking. Make sure to toss well so that everything cooks evenly.
- Check the chicken to make sure it is cooked through (time will depend on how big you cut the pieces). If needed, cook for additional 2-5 minutes.
- Add additional salt and pepper, to taste. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and serve warm.
Shake or turn as directed in the recipe. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated. Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer
Recipes were tested in 3.4 to 6 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
Click Here for our –> Healthy Air Fryer Recipes!
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt range & the 5-6 qt. range. Here’s our favorites:
Cosori 3.7 qt. Digital Air Fryer – “That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Ninja 4 qt. Digital Air Fryer – Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
Here’s some more healthy air fryer recipes for you.