Grilled Garlic Broccoli with Cheddar Cheese
Hello friends! We’re super excited about sharing this grilled broccoli recipe because it was a surprise hit!
Grilled Broccoli Recipe
After a week of testing and filming Summer grilling recipes we went through our mental list of new veggies to grill. We absolutely love broccoli but didn’t think it would grill well and so broccoli wasn’t on our original list. Since we had a bunch of broccoli heads already in the fridge we decided to just give it a try. If it didn’t work out we thought that we could salvage it by finishing it off in the oven. But wow we didn’t have to go that far because this grilled broccoli recipe was a hit! Our whole team devoured the platter and were all super surprised at how delicious snd easy it was to make this grilled broccoli recipe broccoli recipe on the grill.
Watch us making this delicious grilled broccoli and cheese recipe!
Loaded with Flavor
Wow the charred, crispy edges of the marinated broccoli was addicting and one of the most deli food vegetable dishes we’ve ever had. The flavorful garlic marinade and the edges of the bbq broccoli were fabulous. We invited one of our taste testers to try it and he was super pleased with everything about this grilled broccoli. The cheese on top added the perfect creamy texture and flavor. You guys this truly is going to be one of your favorite snd easy grilled vegetable dishes for Summer. Add this bbq broccoli as a side dish to your favorite ribs, brisket or grilled chicken. Kids will LOVE this and so will the big kids too (adults). So give it a try and let us know what you think. We’re totally obsessed about Summer grilled broccoli with cheese now.
Check out a Few of our Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there I never need. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
Some days we just need to keep the little things contained on the grill. Throw them all into a basket and grill from there. Easy-peasy.
Grilled Garlic Broccoli with Cheese
- 1 pound (454 g) broccoli , cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup (56 ml) oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried thyme (or herbs of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) lemon pepper seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup (57 g) grated cheddar cheese
- optional , lemon wedges for serving
- *Optional - see head note: In large pot of boiling water, quickly blanche the cut broccoli for about 1 minute. Drain the broccoli and rinse with cold water to keep the broccoli from cooking further. Blot broccoli with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high to high heat. Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- In bowl, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, dried herbs, lemon pepper/seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Whisk ingredients together. Brush the marinade on both all sides of the broccoli slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper to top of broccoli to taste.
- Gently place marinated broccoli on grill. Cook the broccoli for about 2-4 minutes each side, or until nicely charred with crispy edges.
- Lay broccoli on platter and sprinkle with cheese while the broccoli is still hot so cheese can melt. Sprinkle with parsley enjoy!