Air Fryer Corn on The Cob
Enjoy our air fryer corn on the cob recipe that’s quick and easy. Add extra butter and you have an amazing side dish. We’re obsessed with air fried corn!
Easy Air Fryer Corn Recipe
When sweet corn is plentiful, we love eating air fryer corn on the cob. Cooking corn in the air fryer is easy, quick and oh so delicious! If you don’t want to heat up the grill for just a corn or two, air fryer is the way to go! The roasted and crispy flavors for sweet corn are so great. It’s a great option for when you’re craving grilled corn. Best of all, you don’t have to heat up your oven during Summer either. Air fried corn on the cob is amazing! And sure, you can use your microwave to make corn on the cob. But the air fried “roasted” flavors you get from the hot circulating air can’t be beat. It’s so good!
Video: Air Fryer Corn on the Cob Recipe
How to Cook Corn on The Cob in Air Fryer
- Use fresh corn. The results are better when the corn is fresh!
- Cut the corn ends to fit your air fryer basket. Or cut them in half for smaller air fryer sizes.
- Spray with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. If you add butter first, it will make the corn a little crispier and brown more. But it’ll still be tasty!
- Timing will vary depending on the power and size of your air fryer. After your first batch, you’ll know what timing works best for your preferred texture and power of air fryer.
- More recipe details are in the recipe box below. If you love air fried corn, try our air fryer Mexican corn.
Can you use frozen corn on the cob?
Yes, you can but it needs to thaw completely first. Squeeze out any excess water from the thawed frozen corn. Add your melted butter or oil on top of the corn before air frying. Cooking times will be shorter so try air frying it for about 5-6 minutes first. Check the corn and add additional time if needed.
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 2 (2 ) ears corn , shucked and cleaned
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- oil spray or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter for spreading
- Cut end of corn to fit air fryer basket. If needed for smaller air fryer, cut the corn in half
- Coat all sides of the corn with oil spray or olive oil. Season with salt and pepper around the whole corn.
- Air Fry at 370°F for 12-16 minutes, flipping half way. Cook until kernels are tender and lightly browned. (Cooking time will depend on size of corn, how full air fryer basket is, & different models/sizes of air fryers). Add butter and enjoy!
Buy Our Air Fryer eCookbooks Here For Easy Meals and Low Fat Recipes!
What are the Best Air Fryers?
Here’s our extensive write up on Air Fryer World’s Best Air Fryer Guide. There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2020 with updated video.