Craving a light coconut curry meal? This curry spaghetti squash will satisfy your Thai cravings without all the starch and carbs.
Thai Curry Sauce on Low Carb Spaghetti squash
Thai curried spaghetti squash is incredibly flavorful, delicious and much more low carb than eating regular starchy flour noodles. If you’re craving Thai food but to wanting all the carbs, replacing the noodles with spaghetti squash is a fantastic alternative. The coconut curry sauce makes this curry spaghetti squash super flavorful and satisfying. There’s a lot of flexibility in this spaghetti squash recipe because you can add chicken, shrimp, beef or pork. What ever protein you add, it’ll be a great addition to the squash. If you want to make it vegetarian, just make sure to use soy sauce and add what ever vegetables you want.
Some fantastic vegetables that would make this curry spaghetti squash perfect for vegetarians are: cauliflower, broccoli, baby potatoes, kale and carrots. The vegetable possibilities are endless and that’s the reason why this curry spaghetti squash so much fun. If you want this keep it super simple, this curry spaghetti squash is delicious as a stand alone dish. Make it vegetarian, pescatarian or filled with your favorite meats, our curry spaghetti squash is wonderful for everyone! Click Here for All Our–> Delicious Asian Recipes
Watch the Curry Spaghetti Squash Video:
Better than restaurants –> Easy Chicken Curry with Vegetables Recipe
Always delicious –> Crispy Broccoli Cheese and Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
Low carb —> Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Healthy and Quick —> Zucchini Noodle Chow Mein Recipe
Click Here for all our —> Delicious and Easy Asian Recipes
Here’s a great curry cauliflower recipe too!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (@3lbs or 1365g)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 large cloves garlic , minced (or to taste)
- 1 small onion , diced
- 14 ounces coconut milk (one can)
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder , or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or fish sauce, or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons hot sauce (optional), or to taste
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat Oven to 375°F. Oil a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands, then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Finish by gently loosening and removing the "spaghetti strands" from the shells. Set aside.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add garlic and onion. Cook until fragrant and translucent. Add coconut milk, curry powder, paprika, soy/fish sauce, black pepper and hot sauce (optional). Bring to a low simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add spaghetti squash strands and toss into the sauce. Cook for about 1 minute or until the spaghetti squash is warmed. Don't overcook the spaghetti squash strands, especially if they’re already too soft or else they'll become mush.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add fresh cilantro and additional salt and pepper, if needed, to taste. Serve warm.