Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Corn on the Cob
You must try this air fryer garlic corn on the cob with parmesan cheese. The flavors are fantastic and is a great alternative to having grilled corn flavors without actually grilling. Air frying corn with this garlic parmesan topping is simple and outstanding.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Corn Recipe
The classic combination of garlic parmesan on air fried corn on the cob is a perfect match. If you’ve never cooked corn in the air fryer before, you have to give it a try. The crispy, plump kernels of corn cook quick and fantastic in air fryers. Best of all, the flavor are very reminiscent of grilling the corn if you don’t have a grill.
Video: How to Air Fry Garlic Parmesan Corn on The Cob
How to Make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Corn
- If you have access to fresh corn on the cob, this is the best ever. Fresh corn is so sweet and juicy.
- Salted butter is already seasoned so if you’re using unsalted butter, no need to add extra salt unless you like your corn on the cob salty.
- Grated parmesan sticks better to the corn than shredded parmesan. The shredded texture is usually thicker and has a harder time sticking than the grated parmesan.
- Our recipe calls for using garlic powder, which is simple and gives great flavor. But if you want to use fresh minced garlic, then add it towards the last 2-3 minutes of air frying. If you add the minced fresh garlic at the beginning, it might burn by the time the corn is cooked.
- Add some drizzles of hot sauce on top if you like spicy. It’s so good with a few squirts of sriracha hot sauce.
- It’s easy to store leftover corn. Just put them in an airtight container or bags and you can store them for up to 3 days.
- Check out our air fryer Mexican street corn recipe and simple air fried corn on the cob.
- All air fryer corn recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Can You use Frozen Corn on the Cob?
Sure you can use frozen corn on the cob. If cooking from frozen, you might have to add about 2-3 extra minutes of cooking time. All air fryers cook a little differently so you should check on the corn a few times during cooking to make sure it’s heated through. You can also thaw the corn first, which doesn’t take extra cooking time. Thawed frozen corn might be quicker to air fry than fresh corn because the frozen thawed corn already might already be cooked. So you’re basically just heating up the thawed corn on the cob.
Other Toppings to Consider for Air Fryer Parmesan Corn
- Hot sauce for sure! A few squirts of hot sauce like sriracha or tabasco is tasty.
- We love sprinting nutritional yeast on corn on the cob!
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Montreal steak seasoning isn’t just for steak. It’s awesome on corn on the cob
Plant Based Vegan Corn on the Cob Version
If you don’t want to use butter or cheese, there’s a vegan plant based option! Use brewers yeast or nutritional yeast instead of cheese for a vegan option. Make sure to use vegan butter like Miyoko’s for a 100% plant based version. Hope you enjoy our air fryer parmesan corn recipe!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Corn On The Cob
- 3 ears fresh corn , shucked and cleaned
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , softened
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder , or to taste
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated Parmesan , or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chopped parsley
- Shuck and clean the corn of husks and silk. If needed, cut ends of corn to fit into your air fryer basket/tray. Or for smaller air fryers, cut the corn in half.
- Coat all sides of the corn with the softened butter.
- Season the corn with the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Place in the air fryer basket/tray in a single layer.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10 minutes. Flip the corn.
- Continue Air Frying for another 3-8 minutes or corn is tender and cooked to your liking. (Cooking time will depend on size of corn, how full air fryer basket is, & different models/sizes of air fryers).
- Remove the corn from the air fryer basket/tray and coat with the parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve warm.