Honey Baked Ham Recipe with Brown Sugar Glaze
Honey Baked Ham Recipe
For holidays, family dinners and special occasions honey baked ham is always a favorite. There’s so many delicious reasons to serve ham, but the most important reason is that it’s so easy to make. No need to order it when you can make it at home in the oven for half the cost. Best of all, our brown sugar glaze is delicious and with only a few ingredients, is worth the little effort.
Video: Recipe for Honey Baked Ham
Easy Brown Sugar Glaze
With just a few ingredients, the brown sugar glaze for the ham is simple and delicious. The best part about the glaze is that you can make it to your personal taste. If you like it sweeter, you can add more brown sugar to the glaze. Like it less sweet? Just reduce the amount of sugar. We add fresh orange juice for a wonderful, bright citrus flavor. Natural sweetness comes from the orange juice so you can balance out the levels of sugar for the orange juice. It’s perfect when glazed over the ham and the flavors are perfect for a wonderful family diner.
How to Make Sprial Honey Baked Ham Recipe
The process is super simple and you can use with a bone-in or spiral cut ham. Follow our photo tutorial and written recipe is in the recipe box below!
Try our Air Fryer Glazed Ham Recipe Here:
Check out more brunch recipes here.
Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze
- 4 lb. (1.8 kg) boneless, fully cooked ham
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (85 g) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice (or 1 orange juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) mustard (optional) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground clove (optional)
- black pepper , to taste
- Remove ham from package and netting. If it’s been refrigerated, if possible let it sit out for about 1 hour to take a bit of the chill off. If ham is not pre-sliced, score the ham with shallow 1/2-inch/12mm criss-cross cuts.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Make the Glaze (this can also be done while ham bakes for the first 30 minutes): In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar glaze ingredients (brown sugar, honey, orange juice, optional mustard, cinnamon, clove (optional), and black pepper). Heat and whisk until brown sugar is dissolved and glaze is well combined. Set aside.
- Lay ham cut side down on a baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Baking the ham for 30 minutes (or if using a different sized ham – about 20 minutes before it should be finished – base complete timing off of cooking for 12-14 minutes per pound), uncover the ham and and brush 1/2 of the glaze over the ham.
- Increase oven to 425°F/220°C, place the ham back in the oven, UNCOVERED, and bake for another 20 minutes or until the ham is crispy on the outside and the internal temperature is 140°F/60°C.
- Optional serving: Combine the juices from the roasting pan and the remaining glaze in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Brush the glaze onto the ham when serving or serve alongside in a bowl for everyone to add as they like.