Best Taco Soup : 30 minutes
Our easy taco soup recipe is super quick and easy to make and super delicious! It’s all cooked on the stovetop with fragrant onions, garlic and ground beef.
Best Taco Soup Recipe
The sautéed beef with all the spices gives such a great flavor to this pot of soup. Add some tortilla chips and a comforting bowl of soup can easily becoming a hearty meal. It’s perfect to serve with with any other Mexican dishes that you’re eating: tacos, loaded nachos, enchiladas or burritos. Or serve this soup with a nice healthy salad for a lower carb lunch or dinner!
Video: Recipe for Taco Soup on Stove Top
How to Cook Best Taco Soup Recipe
The possibilities are endless in terms of what you want to add to this soup. If you can use ground chicken, turkey or pork instead of ground beef. Add extra vegetables if you want to make it extra healthy. Chopped cabbage, kale, swiss chard, green beans or broccoli would all be great healthy nutrients. For an added indulgence, serve it with some warm crispy tortilla chips for a nice crunch factor. It’s such a treat to have chips with the soup! Follow our easy step-by-step photos to guide yourself through the process. And all the recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Serve with Tortilla Chips
We love serving this soup with crispy tortilla chips. The extra crunch makes this soup over the top delicious. Add a handful of extra chopped cilantro for flavor. You can also add extra chiles like jalapeños or serrano chilies for a spicy kick. There’s lot so possibilities and adjustments you can make to this simple dish. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Tasty Taco Soup
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 (1/2 ) onion , diced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced or crushed
- 1 lb. (454 g) ground beef
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 ) bell pepper , diced
- 15 oz. (425 g) canned black beans , drained
- 15 oz. (425 g) canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 l) stock or water (any preferred stock flavor)
- Grated Cheese
- Tortilla strips
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sliced green onions
- Lime Wedges
- Minced or julienned radishes
- Shredded Cabbage
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil then the onions and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute or until softened.
- Stir in the ground beef, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until the beef is browned. Stir in the bell peppers and cook for about 1 minute or until they start to soften.
- Add the black beans, tomatoes, and stock or water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for about 15 minutes. Taste for seasonings and add more salt, pepper, and/or spices if desired.
- Serve with any desired toppings.
More of our–> Easy Mexican Recipes
Here’s some more great taco recipes for you to enjoy with your family.