Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Corn
Air fryer bacon wrapped corn on the cob is a perfect combination of sweet and salty. Sweet kernels of corn with salty, crispy bacon is amazing. Best of all, this air fried bacon corn on the cob is quick to cook and hardly any clean-up.
Easy Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Corn on The Cob Recipe
The hot circulating air cooks the bacon crispy and wonderfully. But at the same time, it cooks the corn and gives it a fantastic bacon flavor. It’s hard to resist anything that’s bacon wrapped. When you can get a batch of sweet summer corn, you’ll fall in love with wrapping it in bacon. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser for sure.
Video: Air Fried Corn Wrapped with Bacon Recipe
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Corn on The Cob (Tips)
- Start with fresh corn. The fresh sweet kernels are fantastic.
- If your air fryer basket is small and doesn’t fit a whole ear of corn, then break it in half to fit.
- You don’t need to butter or oil the corn because the bacon fat will cook all the corn underneath. But we suggest spraying the ends of the corn with oil, especially where it isn’t covered in bacon.
- Thick cut bacon always takes a little more time, so it might take an additional 2-3 minutes to air fry.
- Timing will vary depending on the power and size of your air fryer. After your first batch, you’ll know what timing works best for your preferred texture and power of air fryer.
- Add a sprinkle of your favorite spices to add extra flavor. Steak seasoning, smoked paprika or onion salt are some flavorful option.
- Try our air fryer garlic parmesan corn, amazing air fried Mexican street corn elotes or simple air fryer corn on the cob.
- All air fryer bacon wrapped corn recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Use Toothpicks to Secure Bacon
The bacon will slide off the corn if you don’t secure it. Even if you’re only using one piece of bacon, you’ll still need to secure it. Use the toothpicks by piercing the bacon through the corn at an angle. If the toothpick is at an angle it’ll fit in the air fryer easier and get caught up less in the racks. Remember to remove the toothpicks before eating!
Can you freeze leftover air fried corn?
Sure you can, but they’re so good how could you have any leftover? Ok, but if you do need to just put it in a air tight bag or container. When you’re ready to eat them again, take them out of the freezer and allow the to thaw. Then air fry at 400°F for about 2-3 minutes OR until it’s cooked to your preferred doneness. Don’t let the precious bacon burn.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Corn
- 3 ears fresh corn , shucked and cleaned
- 6 slices bacon , depending on if you use double bacon or not
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- oil spray , or olive oil
- If needed, cut ends of corn to fit into your air fryer basket/tray. Or for smaller air fryers, cut the corn in half.
- Lightly coat the corn with oil. Make sure to spray the ends of the corn is where it can often get dry.
- Wrap bacon around the corn. Skewer one toothpick to secure each end of bacon to corn. Skewer the toothpick side-ways into the corn and bacon so it does’t stick up too much. (see our photos for the technique). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the corn in a single layer in the air fryer basket/tray.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10 minutes. Flip the corn. Spray the exposed corn with oil if it looks like it is drying out.
- Continue Air Frying for another 3-10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and corn is tender (fewer ears of corn will take less time – cooking time will also depend on thickness of bacon, how full air fryer is, & different models/sizes of air fryers).
- If needed, flip once more and Air Fry for a couple more minutes or until the bacon is crispy on all sides.
- Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks! Add butter and additional seasoning if desired and enjoy.