Corn and Chicken Salad
Our popular corn and chicken salad recipe is delicious with fresh sweet corn. But you can use frozen corn as well and it’s still a great lunch! It’s also the perfect picnic or potluck dish. You’ll love this chicken salad with corn!
Corn and Chicken Salad Recipe
As fresh corn is still plentiful, Summer feels more complete when there’s a great corn recipe to add to the table. Combined with a great corn and chicken salad recipe, sweet kernals of corn are a wonderful accompaniment to so many chicken recipes. This recipe is an easy dish that can be made the day before and it’s the perfect picnic or Summer party dish. We definitely suggest making it ahead one day because the flavors will combine together, which is what makes this recipe for chicken salad so much better.
Video: Corn and Chicken Salad
Cooking Tips for Chicken Salad with Corn Recipe
- We like to cook the chicken in the pan for more flavor. The boneless skinless chicken breast is sautéed first in garlic and onion with great spices. This is what gives this easy chicken salad recipe so much flavor and texture.
- The amount of corn can vary depending on how much you want. It’s always nice to add extra corn to the salad or extra sweet pop and crunch.
- Consider adding chopped celery, carrots, jicama if you want a more vegetable centric dish.
- Add additional seasonings like dried herbs, lemon pepper, or a handful of fresh chopped herbs like fresh dill.
- Love avocado, then toss in some chunks of creamy avocado and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. A handful of chopped cilantro would be delicious too.
- What ever you decide, make sure to make plenty because this recipe is sure to be a seasonal favorite! It’s one of the best chicken salads you’ll ever make and devour!
- All chicken salad with corn recipe details are in the recipe box below. Check out all our easy corn recipes here.
What is the best cut of chicken for this salad?
This is all based on personal taste. So use the type of chicken you normally cook with.
- If you like chicken breast, then go for it! It’s the lowest calorie of all the cuts of thicken, but it can tend to be dry. But once it’s coated in the dressing the chicken doesn’t taste dry anymore.
- If you like brown meat, then boneless skinless chicken thighs are great. Just cut it into small pieces and continue with the recipe.
- Don’t even bother with chicken wings because there’s not enough meat on it. Besides, it’s a waste to try to strip it to make this salad. Save the wings to make air fryer parmesan chicken wings!
Corn & Chicken Salad Recipe
For the dressing;
- ½ to ¾ cup (120-180ml) mayonaise , depending on how creamy you like your chicken salad
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) red wine vinegar (or distilled white vinegar for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh herbs (thyme, basil or oregano)
- ¼ cup (60ml) chopped Italian parsley
For the chicken:
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs , cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic , minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 ears fresh corn , shucked and washed (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded and chopped optional
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) Worcestershire sauce , or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to personal taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In bowl, combine dressing ingredients (mayo, mustard, red wine vinegar, & herbs). Set aside.
- In large bowl, carefully cut along the edge of the corn and remove the kernels. Set aside.
- Heat large pan and add oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent, 1-2 minutes.Add chicken and cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to turn white. Add the corn kernels, bell pepper, Worcestershire, salt, black pepper, paprika and ground cumin.Continue cooking chicken until it’s completely cooked. Remove from heat, transfer chicken to a large bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Once chicken is cool, add the dressing and stir to combine evenly. Chill the chicken salad for about 2-3 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Is This Salad Make-Ahead?
Yes, you can make this salad up to 2 days ahead of serving. Don’t wait too long to eat it as the corn loses it freshness. It’s a great meal prep recipe to enjoy for lunch at work or a quick dinner when you get home. Suggestion: Before serving, stir the salad well. That way all the dressing and coat the chicken and corn evenly.
How to store leftovers?
If you end up having any leftovers, store them in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator. You can store this salad for about 2 days. We suggest eating this sooner than later. We’ll usually eat it within 2 days because we don’t like to eat chicken that is too old.
More Corn Recipes
- Grilled corn with parmesan cheese
- Stove top cheesy corn dip
- Air Fryer Corn on the cob
- Buttery 5 minute corn on the cob
- Summer grilled corn salad
- Air fryer ranch corn on the cob
- Chicken Salad Recipes, BBQ Chicken Recipes , Gluten Free Chicken Recipes, Corn Yogurt Chicken salad
- This recipe was originally published in 2014 and re-published in 2021 with updates.