Corn and Chicken Salad
Our popular corn and chicken salad recipe is delicious with fresh sweet corn. But you can use frozen corn as well and it’s still a great lunch!
Corn and Chicken Salad Recipe
As fresh corn is still plentiful, Summer feels more complete when there’s a great corn recipe to add to the table. Combined with a great corn and chicken salad recipe, sweet kernals of corn are a wonderful accompaniment to so many chicken recipes. This recipe is an easy dish that can be made the day before and it’s the perfect picnic or Summer party dish. We definitely suggest making it ahead one day because the flavors will combine together, which is what makes this recipe for chicken salad so much better.
Video: Corn and Chicken Salad
Cooking Tips for This Recipe
- We like to cook the chicken in the pan for more flavor. The boneless skinless chicken breast is sautéed first in garlic and onion with great spices. This is what gives this easy chicken salad recipe so much flavor and texture.
- The amount of corn can vary depending on how much you want. It’s always nice to add extra corn to the salad or extra sweet pop and crunch.
- Consider adding chopped celery, carrots, jicama if you want a more vegetable centric dish.
- Add additional seasonings like dried herbs, lemon pepper, or a handful of fresh chopped herbs like fresh dill.
- What ever you decide, make sure to make plenty because this recipe is sure to be a seasonal favorite! It’s one of the best chicken salads you’ll ever make and devour!
Is This Salad Make-Ahead?
Yes, you can make this salad up to 2 days ahead of serving. Don’t wait too long to eat it as the corn loses it freshness. It’s a great meal prep recipe to enjoy for lunch at work or a quick dinner when you get home.
Corn & Chicken Salad Recipe
For the dressing;
- ½ to ¾ cup (120-180ml) mayonaise , depending on how creamy you like your chicken salad
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) red wine vinegar (or distilled white vinegar for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh herbs (thyme, basil or oregano)
- ¼ cup (60ml) chopped Italian parsley
For the chicken:
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 ears fresh corn , shucked and washed (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded and chopped optional
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt , or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In bowl, combine dressing ingredients (mayo, mustard, red wine vinegar, & herbs). Set aside.
- In large bowl, carefully cut along the edge of the corn and remove the kernels. Set aside.
- Heat large pan and add oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent, 1-2 minutes.Add chicken and cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to turn white. Add the corn kernels, bell pepper, Worcestershire, salt, black pepper, paprika and ground cumin.Continue cooking chicken until it’s completely cooked. Remove from heat, transfer chicken to a large bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Once chicken is cool, add the dressing and stir to combine evenly. Chill the chicken salad for about 2-3 hours before serving.
More Corn Recipes
- Grilled corn with parmesan cheese
- Stove top cheesy corn dip
- Air Fryer Corn on the cob
- Buttery 5 minute corn on the cob
- Summer grilled corn salad
- Chicken Salad Recipes, BBQ Chicken Recipes , Gluten Free Chicken Recipes, Corn Yogurt Chicken salad
- This recipe was originally published in 2014 and re-published in 2021 with updates.