Our popular corn and chicken salad recipe is delicious with fresh sweet corn. But you can use frozen corn as well and it’s still a great lunch!
As fresh corn is still plentiful, Summer feels more complete when there’s a great corn recipe to add to the table. Combined with a great corn and chicken salad recipe, sweet kernals of corn are a wonderful accompaniment to so many chicken recipes. This corn and chicken salad recipe is an easy dish that can be made the day before and it’s the perfect picnic or Summer party dish. We definitely suggest making it ahead one day because the flavors will combine together, which is what makes this recipe for chicken salad so much better.
Video: Corn and Chicken Salad
The boneless skinless chicken breast is sautéed first in garlic and onion with great spices. This is what gives this easy chicken salad recipe so much flavor and texture. The amount of corn can vary depending on how much you want. It’s always nice to add extra corn to the chicken salad for extra sweet pop and crunch. Consider adding chopped celery, carrots, jicama if you want a more vegetable centric chicken salad. What ever you decide, make sure to make plenty because this chicken and corn salad recipe is sure to be a seasonal favorite! It’s one of the best chicken salads you’ll ever make and devour!
Please read the post write up for more recipe details
- ½ to ¾ cup (120-180ml) mayonaisse, depending on how creamy you like your chicken salad
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) red wine vinegar (or distilled white vinegar for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh herbs (thyme, basil or oregano)
- ¼ cup (60ml) chopped Italian parsley
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- 2 ears of fresh corn , shucked and washed (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded and chopped optional
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt , or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In large bowl, carefully cut along the edge of the corn and remove the kernels. Set aside.
- Heat large pan and add oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent, 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to turn white. Add the corn kernels, bell pepper, Worcestershire, salt, black pepper, paprika and ground cumin.
- Continue cooking chicken until it’s completely cooked. Remove from heat, transfer chicken to a large bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Once chicken is cool, add the dressing and stir to combine evenly.
- Chill the chicken salad for about 2-3 hours before serving.