Stove Top Cheesy Corn Dip Recipe
When fresh corn comes into season this easy corn dip recipe is cheesy and the perfect appetizer to make for outdoor gatherings, Summer picnics or Game Day parties. Best of all, it’s a stove top recipe!
Easy Corn Dip Recipe
Simply made in one pot, this stove top version e is made with sautéed garlic and onions. That’s what gives this corn dip such great flavor and texture! Everyone who has ever tried our recipe says that the flavors of all the sautéed ingredients make this stove top cheesy corn dip outstanding. The seasonings and addition of fresh chopped chiles is the added bonus to why this corn dip is so delicious. The sweet corn kernels really add the wonderful pops of sweetness and balances so well with the seasonings and cheese.
Watch delicious video of Easy Corn Dip Recipe loaded with cheese!
Baked Version of Corn Dip
You can also make this into a baked corn dip recipe by combining all the ingredients together and baking it in the oven at 350°F for about 50 minutes or until the corn is cooked and cheese is bubbly melty. Add a nice big pile of your favorite tortilla chips with this delicious corn dip and get ready to celebrate corn in deliciously cheesy dip way. Everyone will love this so much above prepared to make a double batch of this delicious stovetop corn dip! Have fun sharing this at your next Summer party or Game day gathering!
Learn How To –> How To De-Kernal Corn
Stovetop Cheesy Corn Dip Recipe
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , crushed or minced
- 1 medium (1 medium) onion , chopped (a sweet onion variety is preferable- Walla Walla sweet, Vidalia, Maui Sweet, etc...)
- 1-2 (1 ) Serrano chiles (or to taste), diced
- 3 ears (3 ears) corn shucked , about 3 cups
- 8 ounces (227 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (113 g) shredded cheddar cheese or spicy jack (or any melting cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cumin
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- optional , garnish with sliced green onions or cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and then add the garlic, onion, and chilies. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add the corn and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese, stirring and breaking up the block of cream cheese to help it soften. After the cream cheese as softened, stir in the cheddar cheese, chili powder, ground cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds or until the cheese melts.
- If desired, garnish with green onions or cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature with crackers, toasts, or as a side dish.