How does a 5 minute corn on the cob sound? If you’re hungry for a quick corn on the cob, it’s way easier than you think. Literally, in less than 5 minutes and no mess! No kidding!
In case you missed it, we previously shared our technique on how to shuck corn in the microwave. This technique is super amazing because it’s not just fast in 4 minutes, but the corn cob literally slips out of all the corn leaves and silk. It’s a no hassle way to not just cook corn, but to shuck it as well. And of course, all you need is some butter, salt and pepper ready and voila! The corn comes out perfect juicy and smelling amazing. You’re going to love Summer even more.
Video on this crazy easy Buttery Corn. YUM!
Click here to see our technique on how to shuck and cook corn in less than 5 minutes.
Recipe originally published in 2017 and updated in 2018 with new photos, video, and recipe format.
- Whole Fresh Corn on the Cob
- Kosher or Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- fresh dried herbs
- Place the whole corn with husks-on in the microwave. Don't remove the husks! They hold in the steam and add great flavor too. Microwave the corn on high heat for about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove the corn from the microwave using a kitchen towel. The corn will be hot! Cut off the stem end of the corn making sure you cut into at least one row of corn from the stem.
- Squeeze the top of the husk to push out the whole corn. It should slip out pretty easy but if it doesn't, try using a fork on the cut-end to help pull it out.
- Add butter, salt pepper and other optional flavor toppings. Enjoy!