How does a 5 minute corn on the cob sound? If you’re hungry for a quick corn on the cob, it’s way easier than you think. Literally, in less than 5 minutes and no mess! No kidding!
5 minute Corn-On-The-Cob
In case you missed it, we previously shared our technique on how to shuck corn in the microwave. It’s a great way to eat the kernels in a corn salad or as a topping or in a dip. This technique is super amazing because it’s not just fast in 4 minutes, but the corn cob literally slips out of all the corn leaves and silk. It’s a no hassle way to not just cook corn, but to shuck it as well. And of course, all you need is some butter, salt and pepper ready and voila! The corn comes out perfect juicy and smelling amazing. You’re going to love Summer even more.
Video on this crazy easy Buttery Corn. YUM!
Click here to see our technique on how to shuck and cook corn in less than 5 minutes.
Recipe originally published in 2017 and updated in 2018 with new photos, video, and recipe format. If you made this recipe, we’d love to see your delicious creations! Tag us #bestrecipeobox on our social media channels like facebook or instagram! We’d love to see what you cooked up and share it with our food community. Thanks so much and happy cooking and eating to you and your family.
5-Minute Buttery Corn-on-the-Cob
- 1 Whole Fresh Corn on the Cob
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Optional Flavor toppings:
- grated parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- fresh dried herbs
- Place the whole corn with husks-on in the microwave. Don't remove the husks! They hold in the steam and add great flavor too. Microwave the corn on high heat for about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove the corn from the microwave using a kitchen towel. The corn will be hot! Cut off the stem end of the corn making sure you cut into at least one row of corn from the stem.
- Squeeze the top of the husk to push out the whole corn. It should slip out pretty easy but if it doesn't, try using a fork on the cut-end to help pull it out.
- Add butter, salt pepper and other optional flavor toppings. Enjoy!
More great corn recipes to enjoy for Summer. Hope you enjoy our 5 minute corn on the cob.